ZYHOBBY.COM

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
retiredVTT

ZYHOBBY.COM

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon May 09, 2016 10:10 pm

http://www.zyhobby.com/

This outfit in China has several sizes of CF landing gear and offers free shipping to Canada...so I placed a small $21.00 order. The composite gear on my Fliton EXTRA260 has weakened and everything at HobbyKing has been back ordered for ages.

I'll report back when the pkg arrives. (free shipping on the ARF's too..!)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: ZYHOBBY.COM

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Almost forgot to report back..!

This was an interesting experience. I've been ordering various RC "stuff" for over a dozen years, and using Paypal (linked to my Visa card) for most purchases. My philosophy (if you can't spell it, perhaps you don't have one..!) has always been "until I get ripped off, I'm not going to worry..!"

So on May 8th, I ordered my cf landing gear from ZY Hobby. They notified me on May 9th that it was shipped.

After many days of waiting, somewhere around June 15th I lodged a complaint with Paypal that I had not received the product. Paypal responded to both ZY and me, stating that we should resolve this between us by July 10th, before they would take action.

I got two replies from ZY saying they had contacted China Post and that it looked like the parcel was lost.

On June 29th the parcel arrived, 51 days after being shipped. When I contacted ZY Hobby to let them know, they asked me to please let Paypal know this...SO THEY COULD GET PAID..! Wow, this tells me that there is quite a long hold back period after a purchase before Paypal release funds to the vendor.

Remember that when I ordered the product it included FREE SHIPPING, so I was willing to see it take several weeks.

Also ZY told me to remind them on my next order to deduct 5% from my order for the inconvenience.

..so I'll keep on ordering...until the ripoff arrives..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708