Virtual Airlines... flight simming!

a place to discuss current events and other non hobby topics.
Enforcer

Virtual Airlines... flight simming!

Unread post by Enforcer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Some of you may have heard me mention my "other" hobby... flight simming. I have been doing that for about 12 years. Actually I took a break from it for almost a year when I started RC flying. The other day I signed up for one of my favourite Virtual Airlines.. British Airways Virtual. I had to start over as a first officer, but that fine with me. I did a little 2 hour flight from London City (EGLC) to Billund (EKBI)... I was "pretty" rusty for sure! :shock: Good thing the PAX were virtual!!!! :o

BAV does a pretty good job of following the BA schedule, and their flight system is totally automated. Anyway, this hobby is great fun and can be approached from many angles. At the high end of things, you can be a PIC (pilot in command) of some very realistic AC models (payware and freeware) with an almost endless variety of add ons to make things pretty darn real.

If you think you might like to try this hobby, send me a PM. I would be more than happy to have you come over to the basement for some flight training. My system, by some standards, is considered quite good. I have a CH Products yoke, throttle, and pedals. I have so much add on software, it would take me all night to list it.

Here is a link to BAV...

http://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Update: I got rid of the CHProducts stuff and replaced it with Saitek Stuff. So far, I like it better!
Last edited by Enforcer on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

KrasherJack

Re: Virtual Airlines... flight simming!

Unread post by KrasherJack » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 am

Hey Murray ,
I've got the artic trip in mind in a c130 , say from Goose bay, to Resolute.
I'll be there.

Bring Parker, its cold in those birds...Helps on the Ramp too. :o
Last edited by KrasherJack on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoom..Zoom

asif

Re: Virtual Airlines... flight simming!

Unread post by asif » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

This is quite a stunning hobby!.. wow - I never thought it was this in-depth -- very cool..
Very cool, Murray, 8-)
Asif Illyas
"A" Level HEFA Pilot

It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.

— Aesop, Fables, The Jay and the Peacock.'