Flying out of Northern Labrador....

a place to discuss current events and other non hobby topics.
bdg

Flying out of Northern Labrador....

Unread post by bdg » Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Was in Northern Labrador - just returned this evening. Where is the remote for controlling this craft???

Definitely a great way to top off the trip - flying back to Wabush in the front seat of the helicopter! Then again, returning to family and to temperatures of 18°C - when there was ice this morning - sure was nice too!!!!

Brian
Attachments
IMG_2776.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg
IMG_2769.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg

Tom B T-28

Re: Flying out of Northern Labrador....

Unread post by Tom B T-28 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Looks like a great adventure Brian! Did you practice any auto rotations? :lol:
Tom

JohnF

Unread post by JohnF » Thu May 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Looks like FPV to me

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm

The pilot was very very careful to emphasize "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING" except the red switch if we are going down. The collective and throttle were right beside me and I could have easily bumped it by mistake.... oops!

No auto-rotations this trip. Maybe next time.... no....!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Oh... and when I was asking the pilot about the collective stick he asked if I knew a lot about helicopters.... my response was obvious to this group in-that I flew RC (and flight sims, of course!). He suggested that his father flies RC helicopters and likes to teach him (the real pilot) about the features of helicopter flight. :-)

Later, he asked if I flew fixed wing aircraft. Again, my response was very obvious to this group - "Yes! Of course I do.... hundreds of hours :-)"

When we landed I noted that we had 334 lbs of fuel.... lots, I thought. His response.... maybe 15-20 minutes. A little close for comfort!?!?! All good though. He was cautious and I had ever confidence!

Fun times!!!

Tom - great to hear from you. Hope that all is well. We miss you at SP!

Brian