Fibre Op Salesman came today...!

a place to discuss current events and other non hobby topics.
retiredVTT

Fibre Op Salesman came today...!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm

I switched a year and a half ago from Aliant to Eastlink for their bundle and have no major complaints....but now the Fibre Op people are at my door with some good offers to get me to switch back to Bell-Aliant.

The most impressive change would be the ability to record FOUR programs while watching a FIFTH...right now I can only record TWO while watching ONE.

Of course they say I will save close to $100 a month for the first six months and then the savings will be about $20. a month over what I pay now ($200).

Also the claim is that their Internet is a lot faster.

I said I would think on it for a few days...!

I am looking for feedback.

If you have the new Fibre Op..........how is it working out for you all...!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Re: Fibre Op Salesman came today...!

Unread post by astroflyer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm

they just recently put the fibre op cable down our street so I am likely faced with the same decision.

I did a price comparison because of that and didn't see any price advantage based on exactly what I have from eastlink, in fact I saw a 10.00 per month increase with aliant.

of course, the six month 99 buck offer would save me quite a bit, but after that I don't think there is much of a difference.

Aliant's internet speed download slightly faster (what I have now is plenty adequate) but aliant's upload speed would be a lot faster, a lot faster! however, I think you have to still weigh their disclaimer "up to xxx" I sure could use a better upload speed for youtube video.

I have a good friend who works for aliant and he tells me no matter what eastlink does with internet speed aliant will always go one better.

I think both of them are far to high! (cost, not internet speed) and as for recording more than two shows at one time, heck, I cannot watch all I record now. :lol:

david3484

Re: Fibre Op Salesman came today...!

Unread post by david3484 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 am

Hi Bill

We just moved and switched to Bell Aliant from Eastlink. The biggest difference for us is the picture quality on the TV with the fibre op.Its amazing clear. One of the draw back though is there are not as many Hd channels from Bell as there was with Eastlink.

We are glad we mad the switch.

Dave M
Dave M

Halifax Electric Flyers Association (HEFA) # 079
MAAC # 84499
DX8