Christmas Holiday Indoor Flying

A place to post info regarding indoor r/c flying.
SkyWalker

Re: Christmas Holiday Indoor Flying

Unread post by SkyWalker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:04 am

I'm in a similar situation to Brian. I do t know my work schedule just yet. With that being said, If I'm not working, I'll be there.
Ed Walker

Scooterboy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

Oh yeah....I'll be there.
Sounds like fun!
Thanks for organizing this Vic.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm

+6 ...and counting,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Quite a few away over the holidays bill, but based on conversion at our indoor tonight, should be two or three attending. Shawn and I for sure, as long as driving conditions are good.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm

astroflyer wrote:Quite a few away over the holidays bill, but based on conversion at our indoor tonight, should be two or three attending. Shawn and I for sure, as long as driving conditions are good.
...sounds great Al, I'll get a request in for decent weather..!

I'd say we go ahead Vic, and make the arrangements based on the response to date. I'm sure we will have more "yes" votes as we draw closer to month end.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 am

Roger, wilco.

Vic

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:07 am

Sorry for the late response... Been swamped with the new library opening. I can't commit just yet, but should know in the next day or so. I might need to bring the kids with me, if I want to go. Maybe it's time to invest in a Parkzone Vapor for my buddy box setup. :idea:

AC
Andrew C.

LordGarak

Unread post by LordGarak » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 pm

I'll be there Vic.

I seen the post a week ago and didn't read it all apparently, I missed the part where you were looking for replies.

--
Chris

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:58 pm

My sincerest appologies to all, but I must announce that my plan for an indoor flying session at Lake and Shore Community Centre has fallen through.

I don't know the reason, but the management at the centre has failed to respond to my request. Very unprofessional on their part, in my opinion, and though I tried, I was unable to correct the situation. Unfortunately, it is not now possible to secure a session there until after 4 Jan 15.

Again, I'm sorry to disappoint all who were keen on some post-Christmas flying. I was very much looking forward to it myself.

The only consolation, and one which I really hope to take advantage of, is the indoor session at the Kentville soccer arena on the 31st. This is a fantastic facility, which due to my work schedule (making it impossible to attend their regular Wed afternoon sessions) was only available to me once a year at their annual invitational in March.

Merry Christmas all, and I hope to see some of you in Kentville next week.

Cheers,
Vic

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:30 am

I don't believe it! I finally got a response from Lake and Shore Community Centre to my request for rental of the gym on the 29th!

Evidently, their e-mail was down and they did not see my request until yesterday. Bottom line is that they are still willing to open the facility for our use on Monday 29 Dec from 6 to 9 pm.

So indoor flying is ON for next week. Sorry for the confusion this has caused and I hope that some of you will still be able to make it.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Cheers,
Vic