Week Day Indoor Flying Kentville

A place to post info regarding indoor r/c flying.
saboo

Week Day Indoor Flying Kentville

Unread post by saboo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 am

While at Moncton we were invited to come to the weekday Indoor Flying in Kentville.

It seems the Wings of Wellington Club fly from 1:00PM to 4:00PM every Wednesday at the massive indoor Soccer facility in Kentville. I was told that most days there are less than 6 people there. Flat charge of $10.00 for the 3 hours. Anything that can be flown indoors is permitted. They made it clear that the building is bigger than the place in Moncton. That must be big.

A shorter drive than Moncton and it is every week.

I intend to go there a few times in the next month or so. If anyone is interested in going along, they should contact me. My intent is to leave at about 11:45 and be back in town by 5:30.

I think a light weight superfly or the smaller version would be a hoot in there. Those big 40" 3D indoor planes would be a good fit. Imagine putting one of those mini HD video cams on a plane and zooming through an aerobatic routine.

Keep this location in mind for weekday flying.
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

saboo

Video on Youtube of indoor flying at Kentville

Unread post by saboo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Being Wednesday, there was indoor flying in Kentville at the Soccer Stadium.

Today a flyer named Steven Swinamer from Chester flew an EPP YAK55 indoors with a video camera mounted on it. It pointed aft. This is the video that resulted.

http://youtu.be/8cSojMcFEJA
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)