Flap Mix for a Footuba 7chp

A place to learn more about Electric RC Flying.
steve

Re: Flap Mix for a Footuba 7chp

Unread post by steve » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:57 am

As I have both a JR 9303 and a Futaba 9 CAP, I prefer the programming of the CAP but like the weight of the JR.

I have never had an issue with any Futaba radio I have had but with the 9303, the display went bad and resulted in a factory return for repair.

At the end of the day, I think I would upgrade to the 10C radio like Rick has or the 14 if I won the lotto..... :) not because I think they are better but because I feel better about the programming and the perfect longevity I have had with my previous ones.

Steve
Steve

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Unfortunately the 10C 2.4 GHz version is not module based anymore and has a built in radio. If you were only interested in 2.4 GHz then the T8FG looks more attractive:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk8000.html

It has an SD card for model memory storage...

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

KrasherJack

Unread post by KrasherJack » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30 am

It won't be a futooba, as I would have no Rx's compatable. I already have 4 spectrum Rx's that would be compatable with the 9503.
Thanks for the info Steve, the Radio failures are already a crapshoot with todays Electronics, and the Footuba switches on the 7chp already freeze up in winter... :o

It'll be easier to sell the spare Spectrum 6DX6I TX when the time comes to upgrade. ;)

Rick, I programmed the flaps on the JR yesterday, for the Revolver, the switch already was already hardwired for Channel 6 and all I had to do was adjust the Aileron throw's...Perhaps we just have to go back to the old Gear.... :lol:

Jack
Zoom..Zoom