SPEKTRUM brand Receivers

A place to learn more about Electric RC Flying.
retiredVTT

SPEKTRUM brand Receivers

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm

I am throwing out a request for one of you Spektrum radio afficiaddos(sp?) to do a post on what receivers work with what transmitters within the Spektrum brand.

The reason is that while perusing (love that word!) the for sale ads, I often see various Spektrum Rx's for sale, but don't know what model Tx they work with. So I figure there are a few other members who could also use this info.

thanks,
Bill

AndrewS

Re: SPEKTRUM brand Receivers

Unread post by AndrewS » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 am

Any of the Spektrum receivers( ex AR500, Ar 6000, Ar6100, Ar 6110...)will work with any DSM2 transmitter...ie DX5e, DX6i, DX7, and the JR 2.4's.
The only issue is with the original DX6 transmitter. It will only talk to the AR6000 DSM receiver.

Bill, As far as I can tell, the transmitter that you got from Tony should work fine with all the Spektrum receivers. I think Rick got the same radio with his Blade.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks Andrew...I was hoping you would reply to this..!
That DX6 must feel like an orphan, can only talk to one receiver type.

I had forgot about the Tx that came with the CX2. Should I have got a "bind plug" with that kit? I'll ask Tony if he has one. Are they all the same? I looked up the 46 page manual online and it shows the binding process. Tony says he has a DVD to give me that came with the kit. Is there a DSM and a DSM2? I thought I saw a reference to DSM when I read the manual for the CX2. Ok..I see you answered my question...and I believe that Tx from the CX2 is DSM ....which means it's an orphan too..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm

If Tony doesn't, I have about 25 of them. :lol: Andrew has a few as well. Yes, they are all the same.
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am

LOL..!
What do they do..send you a bind plug with every "bind & fly" model..?
I guess that would be the correct thing to do..!

thanks,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:31 am

Actually Bill, they do, and with every receiver. The transmitter that came with the CX2 should be DSM2 from what I read. I can't tell for sure...online pics are low res.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

steve

Unread post by steve » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:27 am

I see Bill that you have "waaded" into the water with the Spectrum.

That's excellent because it gets me one more step closer to being the last known user on "72" at HEFA. Soon there will be no need for the frequency board as I will have all the frequencies to myself......I say they will soon be all mine....mine....miNE....MINE.....mmmmmuuuuaaaahhhhhhhh

:evil: :twisted: :) :D

Steve
Steve

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Ohhhhh Steveeee!!! Time to take your pilleeee!!! :lol:

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

retiredVTT wrote:LOL..!
What do they do..send you a bind plug with every "bind & fly" model..?

thanks,
Bill

The exception are the micro planes... the ParkZone Sukoi, P-51 and the E-flite mCX Heli. There are probably more but these are the only ones I know of for sure, cause I own them. The binding process is the same, except for connecting the bind plug as the first step... don't ask me why though. :?

Oh, and the AR6300 DSM2 Nanolite 6-Channel Receiver. It has 2 posts that you short out (squeeze them together so they touch) as the first step in the binding process. After binding, you separate the posts so they don't touch. The same may be true of the AR6400 6 Channel Ultra-Micro DSM2 Receiver but I don't own any of those so I have no first hand experience.

Here are all the Specktrum "AIR" Rxs...

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Products/ ... ivers.aspx
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:18 pm

AndrewS wrote:Actually Bill, they do, and with every receiver. The transmitter that came with the CX2 should be DSM2 from what I read. I can't tell for sure...online pics are low res.

Andrew
No I think it is DSM...when Tony listed it he had this.."LP5 DSM transmitter" ...right now I have the heli box wrapped up so I can't check it...but one night next week I'll get it out and check it and charge the batts.

Thanks Murray, for the list of receivers posted above...I missed it when I first read your post.

Bill

(Steve..this is just the basic 5 channel for the little CX2 heli...I'm still on 72 freqs for awhile. Got my eye on that Hitec Aurora though with it's 30 memories and telemetry..!
In a couple years that telemetry will be sending back your GPS location, temp of the motor, temp of the lipo pack, whether the pilot needs a depends change...all that good info that we lack now..!)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708