2-56 and 4-40 threaded rods in 12" length

A place to learn more about Electric RC Flying.
retiredVTT

2-56 and 4-40 threaded rods in 12" length

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:33 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to find fully threaded rods in the 2-56 and 4-40 size in a length of 12 inches IN STOCK at Mighty Small Cars today.

Being fully threaded means you can cut what length you require and use the threads at each end for connecting whatever...

In my case I am threading one end into the inner yellow Nyrod ( Sullivan pushrod) and the other end will have the kwik link threaded on for the control horn. The length of this piece will likely be 6 inches overall, with 2 inches being threaded into the Nyrod. The manufacturer of this particular ARF positioned the cut-out for the rudder control rod several inches from the rear of the fuselage, so I'm hoping that the use of the threaded rod will provide the necessary strength for the control rod, without having to tack additional support to the outside.

I called around and this small size threaded rod has to be ordered in by most fastener dealers. Dubro have it in their catalog and that's where mine came from initially.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

steve

Re: 2-56 and 4-40 threaded rods in 12" length

Unread post by steve » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

I routinely buy the cheap 6 pack of 2-56 and 4-40 rods with one end threaded. I then use a 2-56 or 4-40 die and thread to length. Works good but does take abit longer

Steve
Steve