Digital servos

A place to learn more about Electric RC Flying.
retiredVTT

Re: Digital servos

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:45 pm

http://fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

The link above was sent in by our flying friend Tim from Greenwood and has good info on servos as well as many other facets of this great hobby...and check out the Glossary of RC terms. A virtual treasure-trov of knowledge.

thanks Tim.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

falcondart

Unread post by falcondart » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 pm

One thing I would like to add. I lost an esc .. I think it died from high voltage. I tied it into the 6 cell pack I was using , the esc said it was good for 33.6 v or 8 cells . I supposed I could have wired it into a couple of the cells ..to much work . I found the easiest thing is to add a small receiver pack , problem solved and you don't have to worry about losing control if you fry the main pack . If anyone is running more that 4 cells , I think this is a good solution . I know that Al had the same problem with esc's quitting .

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 am

Yes Chris....a few months ago we covered this over in the UBEC thread, posts 2 and 3 pretty well talk about the exact problem that you and Al had ....too many amps in the BEC circuit. Here is a link..

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=253

Take note also if using a receiver pack that it should be sized correctly...a binding servo can drain a small receiver pack and shoot you down as well.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708