HEFA & ASRCM 2024

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
Raptor

HEFA & ASRCM 2024

Unread post by Raptor » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:05 pm

Hi, I have a question for ASRCM and HEFA moving forward for the summer of 2024 , is one group collecting membership or are HEFA and ASRCM going to maintain two accounts ? is there dues required for 2024 ? I understand there is only a very small group ASRCM flyers currently using the ASRCM field , I was out may be 3 times the summer of 2023 , I mostly fly at AVON , however I still plan to support the club if possible . The road up to the field was a concern last year with all of the rain , and that may have deterred people from going up , when you could access the field , it is a nice field to use and it dries out quickly

bdg

Re: HEFA & ASRCM 2024

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:17 pm

Thanks for reaching out.

Your note is timely as we had a second meeting of HEFA/ASRCM to sort through the details just today.

The current plan is for the society to be continued to be registered. HEFA is active but ASRCM has been inactive for more than 10 years. The current thought is to rename "HEFA" and we are planning a special meeting to discuss these steps with our membership.

There really won't be a HEFA or ASRCM anymore. We will have one affiliation with MAAC. Both websites have great information but the plan is for there to only be one active moving forward. The focus is combining and entering into a partnership / marriage together. We will combine bank accounts, manage membership, etc. together. Fees will be collected by the one club - it is just that we are in a state of transition at the moment while we work this out. There was agreement with the first ASRCM/HEFA meeting for fees in the order of $100/member - with upwards of 15-20 people (TBD!) we should be able to hold our own financially. That was also approved at the HEFA AGM. The membership application was just updated based upon those amounts but they will be for the combined club.

You are right that the field is a beauty. The road was mostly pretty good but I understand that the mud was problematic late in the season. As you might remember, we went from very dry conditions in spring / early-summer to constant wash-outs in the summer / fall, and that made maintenance of the road more difficult too.

We are excited moving ahead together. We are in preliminary discussions for some member BBQs but also have an eye on a larger fun fly too.

So rest assured that any fees collected now will be for supporting the ASRCM field.

Thanks for your note.

All the best,
Brian

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Will the new combined club allow glow/gas or be electric only?

Cheers
Marc
Plane Crazey :D

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 pm

Hey Marc! The only limitation is turbines - which are not allowed.

Raptor

Unread post by Raptor » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:19 pm

HI, the landlord for the ASRCM field does not allow turbines , everting else is welcome , however from past history I would avoid flying "strykers" the noise from them will upset one of the neighbors. Since we stopped flying them a few years back , we have not received any noise complaints

Paul