BBQ #3 - August 11

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

BBQ #3 - August 11

Unread post by bdg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:14 pm

It is hard to believe that it is the middle of summer already.... I bet that the best is yet to come! Lots of people have been asking about another BBQ so... let's make it happen! Let's plan for Saturday, August 11, for this event. Bring your appetites!

More to follow....

Brian

bdg

Re: BBQ #3 - August 11

Unread post by bdg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Poster... :D
Attachments
bbq3_2.jpg

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Reminder!!! Our BBQ is tomorrow! The weather is looking great and we have some burgers and dogs (and drinks and chips!) to share. See you at SP tomorrow!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Wow! What a great turn-out, especially considering that it is prime summer time. I would "eyeball" maybe 35 people today at the field. Busy on the flight line. I'd like to say a special "thank you" to Bob for cooking the burgers and hot dogs!!

Nice to welcome Terry (all the way from Yarmouth!) and his brother Andy (now in Harrietsfield) to SP today. Terry has a very active YouTube channel with the account name of "Thuribles". His videos are at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkap1D ... zxLbEqKR5w.

Another solo flight with several landings from Ron (great job); also solos with Paul (gotta get those batteries fully charged!). Shelley and I were in the air for 3 training flights and the turns are really coming along. Unfortunately we pushed the last flight a little too long and the battery was drained. Tried to bring the plane back but not enough "go go" juice (a very technical term used by a helicopter pilot in Wabush) to keep it in the air - so we eventually ended up gliding it in. Unfortunately - in the thorns....

Hoping to be able to share some pictures from Shelley later... and the YouTube video as well.

Tomorrow is looking great..... see you then!!

Brian
Last edited by bdg on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Duplicate.... sorry!
Last edited by bdg on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Meant to share this poster - tomorrow is the fun fly for the South West Flyers(Yarmouth). Sure to be a great time if you are in the area!
Attachments
Capture.JPG

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Great day indeed. It was a bonus to have two flyers from Yarmouth in attendance. Too bad Yarmouth is so far as it would have been nice to attend their Fly-in tomorrow.

Of particular note was that Andrew Smith gave his 3.2 metre Pusar Sailplane a flight. Anyone who saw this model after its crash last fall would not have believed it would fly again. It had a badly crunched fuselage and most of the centre panel of the wing had to be rebuilt from scratch. Its flight showed that it will fly as good as new. It's hard to realize both Andrew and my Pulsars have passed their 6th birthday.

The barbecue was excellent and many thanks to Bob who as usual fed the hoards.
Another shot of praise goes to Brian who is doing a trojan job training new pilots, while sacrificing his own piloting. Without his efforts several new flyers would not have progressed so quickly.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm

JohnOSullivan wrote:
Of particular note was that Andrew Smith gave his 3.2 metre Pulsar Sailplane a flight. Anyone who saw this model after its crash last fall would not have believed it would fly again. It had a badly crunched fuselage and most of the centre panel of the wing had to be rebuilt from scratch. Its flight showed that it will fly as good as new.
Credit for 90% of the repair work (fuselage and wing centre panel) goes to Mr John O'Sullivan.
Thank You,John. Both our Pulsars fly today as well as they did "out of the box" due to your repair/rebuild abilities
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Thank you for a wonderful morning of flight at your field. Was a well done and very hospitable event. I look forward to flying with you all again in the future
Maac # 88313

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Sorry I missed the fun today, work kept me away. It sounds like everyone had a great day. I plan on getting up early tomorrow to meet the rising sun...

Brian, have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqKDzHnejq4

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S