Is this your airplane?

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
RonStuart

Is this your airplane?

Unread post by RonStuart » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:33 pm

While working this week on the grounds of the NSPC generating plant at Tufts Cove, employees of a local engineering firm found this damaged aircraft on the ground in a heap with the wings hanging by the servo leads, propeller broken and various other bumps and scuffs. One of them happened to be my friend and neighbour who arrived at my door with it this evening to see if I might be able to locate its owner. Looks repairable to me. Owner please get in touch to arrange repatriation. ;)
Attachments
IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0537.jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
IMG_0536.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Ron Stuart
HEFA 116
MAAC 87976
E-Flite Piper Cherokee, E-flite DHC-2 Beaver
UMX Timber, Eagle 2, HOB Harvard

bdg

Re: Is this your airplane?

Unread post by bdg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:25 am

Good of you to post this, Ron. Thanks so much. This looks like the lit-version from Hobby King. The "Flybeam".

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr- ... m-pnf.html

I know of one member who has this plane.... let me follow-up.

Brian
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.27 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

RonStuart

Unread post by RonStuart » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 am

Brian:
That is the plane - Flybeam - no doubt about it. I should have captured that in my photos.
Ron
Ron Stuart
HEFA 116
MAAC 87976
E-Flite Piper Cherokee, E-flite DHC-2 Beaver
UMX Timber, Eagle 2, HOB Harvard

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Ron - It was really great of you to post this on the HEFA website. I don't think that this plane belongs to any of our members. I know of one person who has this same model but his is safely at home. My best guess is that someone was relatively inexperienced and was using our SP field for flying and somehow lost control (pilot error, mechanical issue or perhaps electronic) and put it down. The nature of the open field means that this site is accessible to the public but (unfortunately) our HEFA club can be assumed to be involved.

I would suggest leaving this on-line for a little longer and then - if there are no owner identified - then it will be yours.... :-)

Thanks again!

Brian

rhyneheimer

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:28 pm

and as a reminder, somewhere in MAAC, it says:
602.X3 - A person operating a model aircraft shall:
... (c) Ensure that owner identification is contained on or within the aircraft.
(altho' not everyone joins MAAC, it's still recommended)

i have been using my War Amps stickers on my planes for years, taping them on with Scotch Magic Transparent Tape - i have a bazillion stickers so i need more planes ha!

MAAC has sample formats, not sure if this is the most recent version of the regulations -
https://secure.maac.ca/get_document.php?document_id=396
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this info from MAAC, Stephen! I had looked for this exact article some time ago without success. You are right that if it was a MAAC flyer that this should be attached - but it could have always broken off or fallen out....

The WarAmps return address labels are a good idea, for sure. Some people are more concerned with privacy and prefer to go the route of MAAC identifiers. I've modified a template from Marc at SW but unfortunately cannot attach it to this posting (*.docx prohibited) . Email / PM me at HalifaxElectricFlyers@outlook.com and I can provide the raw WORD file. Just do a find/replace with the 12345 with your own MAAC number and make sure that this is affixed somewhere in your plane. This is a 3x5 sheet so that should be a good start with your fleet ;)

Easy Peasy.

Brian
Attachments
MAAC Capture 2.JPG
MAAC Capture 1.JPG

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:53 pm

If noone claims it as theirs and you want to get rid of it I'm interested in it.. I miss the flybeam I sold (would be funny to find out this is it lol)
Maac # 88313

Glen

Unread post by Glen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Sorry, not yours, it's safely sitting in my shed waiting for a night fly opportunity.

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Lol... don't be sorry .. I'm glad it's safe... I'm still interested in this one if the no one claims it and Ron decides he doesn't want to keep it.
Maac # 88313

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Any word on this flybeam?
Maac # 88313