Welcome Spring - BBQ - May 12

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

Welcome Spring - BBQ - May 12

Unread post by bdg » Sun May 06, 2018 1:29 pm

We would like to welcome the start of the season with our first FREE BBQ of 2018! We are thinking that next week would be ideal for a tentative date. We recognize that Sunday is Mother's Day and will target for Saturday with a possible rain date of Sunday. The next weekend is a long weekend and we anticipate that many people will be away. We'll target for the BBQ mid-to-late morning.

Please watch this posting as this will be the main communications source for updates. We should be able to finalize our plans later in the week.

This is open to HEFA and MAAC members and to their families. Bring them out to show them what this great hobby is all about!

If anyone can "sound-off" regarding your intentions to participate, either through this forum or through a PM, then that would be great to help to make sure that we have enough food and drinks!

I'm already looking forward to it! Let's make this a success!!!

Brian
Attachments
2018_05_12.jpg

retiredVTT

Re: Welcome Spring - BBQ - May 12

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue May 08, 2018 10:34 am

Paid COSTCO a visit yesterday...so we now have a good supply of those tasty European Sausages in several flavors along with a bunch of "all beef" hotdogs.

Hope to see a turnout of 20 plus..!

I'm putting in my request for suitable BBQ weather and so far it's looking good..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu May 10, 2018 9:02 pm

The BBQ is a GO for Saturday! Thanks to Bill for picking up some food. I will get some drinks (pop and water) tomorrow evening. Bob is bringing the BBQ.

We will have the club trainer available should any family members (or other people) want to try their hands/fingers at the hobby!

The winds and weather are looking great too. 9°C with light winds are close to perfect for this time of the year!!!

See you on Saturday!!!

Brian
Attachments
Capture.JPG

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat May 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Well - winds were higher than expected and temperatures a little cooler.... but lots of warm smiles and overall a great morning!

Thanks to Bill (for getting the food), Bob (for cooking the food) and Bruce L (for getting some garbage bags). And we have a LOT of drinks ready for the next event.

Hopefully no one went away hungry!

And three more training flights today - (2) with Alex who was doing really great - especially considering that this was his first time on the sticks. Alex was able to take-off, complete level flight, figure 8's, loops and even rolls - and had at least (3) really great landings (not an easy feat given the windy conditions). Bruce L was also reacquainting himself with the Apprentice after being away for the winter. Lots of great and successful flights!

Also some interest from Pat - someone with some RC experience and who noticed us from the bridge. He'll almost certainly be back for some fun!

Just a few quick pics of the BBQ are below.

Tomorrow looks favourable as well.... see you then!!

Brian
Attachments
IMG_2800.jpg
IMG_2799.jpg
IMG_2798.jpg
IMG_2797.jpg
Last edited by bdg on Sat May 12, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Sat May 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks for a great morning guys. I really enjoyed it. Acquired some really cool gear for my wing while I was there. Hope tonight next weekend with ya all
what do you mean low rates and expo???