Spring....!!!!!!!

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

Spring....!!!!!!!

Unread post by bdg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Mark your calendars as March 20 is the first day of spring!!!! Although this winter was milder than most 8-) , and snowfall has been significantly lower than the norm 8-) , it was one of the poorer winters for outdoor flying :x . It really is great to fly off the snow on a sunny and calm day in the winter - but these have been few and far between this winter.

We are lucky to be able to participate with indoor events coordinated by other clubs - ASRCM, Shearwater, and the Wings of Wellington come to mind. Thanks to these clubs for opening their doors to the greater flying community.

Speaking of indoor - there are some upcoming events:
- Shearwater is hosting another indoor from 10:30am to 12:30pm tomorrow. This is a great venue with great people!
- There is an upcoming indoor at the Kentville soccer next weekend - March 24. This is a MAAC sactioned event. $25 for the day, 9:30am - 4pm. Information is available at https://www.maac.ca/en/events_details.p ... nt_id=6136

Other upcoming hobby events include the Shearwater Aviation Museum Hobby Show.

Hang on... 'cause this winter is almost behind us!!! Hope to see you at these events!!!

Brian

steve

Re: Spring....!!!!!!!

Unread post by steve » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 pm

There is also normal indoor on Wednesday March 21 in Kentville from 1-4 pm.
Steve

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Right on, Steve! I had mentioned the WoW but did not highlight the regular times. When do these finish for the season?

On the top of spring.... look at this photo.... and all of the GREEN. It's coming........ be patient!

Brian
Attachments
Look at all of that GREEN....!
Look at all of that GREEN....!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:05 pm

I guess that I am getting too excited.... another bit of snow today and certainly more significant outside of metro.... Boo!