New Sign at Mighty Small Cars

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

New Sign at Mighty Small Cars

Unread post by bdg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:47 pm

One of the action items from our AGM was to help improve our local presence in the community and hobby environment. We are lucky to have a great hobby community / shops here in the Maritimes and especially here in the Halifax area (most notably MSC and MH).

We are happy that Geoff and Gail at Mighty Small Cars (my favorite spot!) have graciously agreed to allow us to post a new sign in their store. I truly feel that this is the best "marriage" possible for new pilots - we introduce them to the hobby in a supportive and safe way and - with this training - they are more likely to stay in the hobby and will buy more planes from MSC!!! I am sure that we all remember those early days when repairs were more commonplace...

This new poster version is 12"x18" corroplast and is meant to highlight our club to new pilots. There is always lots of discussion about what we need to present - just the right amount of detail and "pizzaz" is required to deliver the message. I would call this version 1.0. The hyperlinks at the bottom of the sign are, unfortunately, lost in the gradient background.

Please provide any comments for improvement towards a refreshed version in this thread.

Gail added the sign opposite the plane wall, on one of the stands with helicopter goodies.

Again, on behelf of myself and HEFA, thanks again to MSC for so positively supporting this new poster / advertisement.

Brian
Attachments
Capture_HEFA_Poster.JPG
Capture_HEFA_Poster.JPG (79.77 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Last edited by bdg on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnOSullivan

Re: New Sign at Mighty Small Cars

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:59 pm

An excellent idea.
Promotions such as this benefit not only HEFA but also the model shops as HEFA members are firm supporters of our local hobby suppliers.
Everyone benefits, most especially the new fliers who have the support of experienced fliers and the suppliers who understand their needs.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Well said, John. Thanks for your comments.

Brian

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm

That's excellent. Great club awesome trainer. Look forward to flyen with you guys again. Life got in the way this year but things are improving.
what do you mean low rates and expo???