HEFA 2017 AGM coming in November..

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

HEFA 2017 AGM coming in November..

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:40 am

Just a quick note to let you know that our 2017 Annual Meeting will be coming up in November. You will get an update shortly with the Official Notice and date.

While searching for some info regarding our obligations to the province under the Society's Act, I came upon a thread that I started oh so many years ago, and it kind of showed the "excitement" that we all had upon getting HEFA started. Check it out at this link:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39&p=143&hilit=society#p143

The link above was created NINE years ago, and I guess it brought home to me why I sort of have a bit of a "burnt out" feeling regarding an Executive post with HEFA. So I'll be taking a "back seat" approach with HEFA in 2018. If approved by the membership I'll stay on as a "Director at Large" but I'll step aside from the position of President, which I've had for four years.

..more later,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: HEFA 2017 AGM coming in November..

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:56 pm

..today I sent the following email to the membership list of email addresses that we have on file.
In case we do not have a members email address or if it has changed in the past year, I am also posting the info regarding our 2017 Annual Meeting here.

Oct 3rd, 2017
To all HEFA members;
Subject: 2017 Annual General Meeting;
The 2017 Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, NOVEMBER 14th at the DARTMOUTH NORTH COMMUNITY CENTRE between the hours of 7pm to 9pm.

Edited on Nov 9th: CHANGE OF VENUE ..the AGM will be held at the SOBEYS Community Room 210 WYSE ROAD, DARTMOUTH, NS

Our By-Laws require us to hold this annual meeting within 90 days after our fiscal year end, which is Sept. 30th of each year.
At this meeting the membership will be presented with the year-end financial data as well as any update on flying field lease info that we can obtain from the landlord, Canada Lands.
It is also customary at these meetings to discuss the events of the past year, and to look ahead to what the New Year might bring for our members.
The membership will be asked to vote on a slate of Directors for the 2018 year.
If any member wishes to have their name presented as a Director for the 2018 year, they should contact one of the present Directors prior to the meeting date.
After the meeting, a visit to Tim's on Akerley Drive would be in order for coffee and TimBits.

..hope you can make this meeting,

Bill F. - 2017 President.
Last edited by retiredVTT on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 am

Just wanted to keep this on everyone's radar. The meeting will take place at the Sobeys, 210 Wyse Road in Dartmouth, fairly close to the MacDonald Bridge.

Address: 210 Wyse Road, Dartmouth, NS B3A 3L2

There will be ample parking.

See Google Page: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Sobeys ... 63.5831997

The date remains as this Tuesday, November 14, from 7-9pm. This is a great opportunity to meet with other members outside of the field environment, to discuss the club priorities and to be part of establishing our direction into 2018 and beyond.

Really hoping to see everyone there.

Brian
Attachments
Capture_AGM_New.JPG
Last edited by bdg on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 pm

update: this message was sent to all members this evening via the email addresses that our Secretary has on file:
Bill

To All HEFA Members:

This is to advise you that the HEFA Annual General Meeting next week on Tuesday, Nov 14th. has been moved to a new venue, due to parking problems at the Dartmouth North Community Center.

The AGM will be held at the SOBEYS COMMUNITY ROOM, at 210 WYSE ROAD, DARTMOUTH, NS

The meeting time remains at 7pm.

hope to see you there,

Bill F.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Our Annual Meeting for 2017 is TONIGHT ............210 WYSE RD, DARTMOUTH, NS (SOBEYS ROOM)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am

Good meeting tonight, small turnout, but lots of conversation and ideas for 2018. Knowing that the field lease will be renewed for 2018 has lifted our spirits somewhat.

We welcome John Liddard to our list of Directors; his voice will be a definite asset.

The HEFA Executive for 2018 is as follows:

Brian Gray, President
Bill Foster, Vice President
Chris Hodgkinson, Secretary/Treasurer
Gary Foster, Andrew Curran and John Liddard, Directors at Large

HEFA is entering the TENTH year of Incorporation. This is quite a feat, so all members should take a bow..!

Hip, Hip, Hurrah..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Great news and congrats to John. I look toward to flying now that work is slowing down
what do you mean low rates and expo???