Best Wishes... Tom!

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

Best Wishes... Tom!

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Well... Tom will be leaving mid-week for Ottawa. Our loss is their gain. Tom has been one of the most regular flyers at HEFA and has been a member at AVON and ASCRM. Not to mention his VERY significant contributions for the past several years in mowing the lawn at SP. That chore takes a lot of time at the field - let alone the preparation, wear and tear, etc. on his own mower.

Thanks, Tom, for everything. For your calm advise... especially with those finicky helicopters! For those funny moments. For your significant contribution to our membership.

Wishing you all the best in Ottawa! Stay in touch!

Some pics from last week.....
Attachments
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg

retiredVTT

Re: Best Wishes... Tom!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Wishing you all the best Tom, may the wind be always at your back especially when your landing..!

It's been a real pleasure to have you as a regular each week at the field and your contributions toward field maintenance have been a primary reason why our organization has been so successful over the past years.
Our wish is that you find another flying organization that will appreciate your membership as much as HEFA has.

...good luck my friend, and keep in touch both on the website and by dropping by when you feel the urge to smell the Atlantic Ocean..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Entropist

Unread post by Entropist » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Going to miss you Tom, I hope you will find some Springbank and think of us. We're all grateful for your contributions to the landscaping of HEFA Field, but more to your attitude and friendship.

Cheers
John
John W.
HEFA
MAAC

Tom B T-28

Unread post by Tom B T-28 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I will surely miss my friends at HEFA especially since this is where my flying interests were kindled back in the summer of 2012. Thanks to all who passed on their experience and knowledge that helped to make me a more confident flyer!
My home sale in Dartmouth has now closed :D and I arrived in Ottawa this afternoon! I will probably be flying out at the Dunrobin field in the West End of Ottawa if the guys there will have me! (Bill I might have to get them to contact you for a reference :lol: ) I am looking forward to getting out to this field an getting in some regular flights again. This move has focused my priorities in other areas and my flying has taken a back seat to other important matters and I feel I may be getting rusty on the old sticks!
I hope you all enjoy the extension of the field lease at Shannon this Summer and I wish you all good and safe flying!
So long for now and I will stay in touch through this web site!
If any of you happen to be in the Ottawa area please feel free to send me a message so that maybe we will have a chance to get together for a visit and a flight!
Tom