Flying suspended at Shannon field....!!!!

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

Flying suspended at Shannon field....!!!!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm writing this on Thursday evening, July 6/17, with no news from Canada Lands regarding a further lease on the Shannon Park field; so I have to advise all HEFA members to cease flying at this location as we no longer are protected with the MAAC liability insurance.

If and when we can get this situation changed with a new lease, I'll post further information here.

In the meantime, this Saturday, a few of us are heading to the Avon field in Windsor. We will meet at the A&W in SACKVILLE at 8:30 AM for a breakfast snack and proceed from there.

I remind all HEFA members that you are welcome to use the Shearwater RC Flyers runway for the small fee of $2.00 daily.
Also, the Shearwater Club will host a Fun Fly next Saturday, July 15th, so come out to that one with the rest of us.

LATER EDIT....news received at 1:33pm on July 7th/17 that the HEFA lease for the use of the Shannon field WILL BE REXTENDED TO DEC. 31/2017

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

the-mailman

Re: Flying suspended at Shannon field....!!!!

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm going to try to get to the South Shore R/C Flying Club fun fly Saturday. Check out their website for details. Then back to the city for the Atlantic kite festival at Citadel Hill.

http://www.ssrcfc.ca

Also, Irving is offering tours of the ship building complex and to see the new ship being built. Only 1500 are allowed to go. I've got our tickets. Here's the link.
http://shipsforcanada.ca/openhouse
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Guys, as Bill stated, you are very welcome to come join us anytime at Shearwater.

We have a huge paved runway, as you know, but also tons of grass for soft belly landings. We only ask for the daily drop-in fee because we are required to do so by military club rules. It's a nominal amount and in reality, you'll save more than that in fuel costs by staying local.

At the very least, we encourage you all to join us on the 15th for our annual Fun Fly for some good flying, good food, and a good time.

Cheers,
Vic

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:42 pm

See the Edit to my first post.....the lease will be extended until year end 2017..!!!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708