HEFA 2015 AGM - November 5th.

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

HEFA 2015 AGM - November 5th.

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:35 pm

All members will receive official notice soon regarding our Annual General Meeting for 2015; but I wanted to post an early announcement now.

For the newer members that have joined us this year, the Club is bound by our By-Laws to hold an annual meeting, with all members invited, to present a financial statement as well as to have the members vote on a Board of Directors for the coming year. These meetings generally last about two hours.

The AGM this year will be held November 5th in the Community Room at the Atlantic Superstore on Joe Howe Drive, Halifax, NS at 7pm. Same place as last year, as this location has worked out well for us.

Your official notice will arrive by October 5th, as we are required to give thirty days notice to all members.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: HEFA 2015 AGM - November 5th.

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:36 pm

(edited Oct 15th. 2015)
..the following notice was sent to all members last week.

October 2nd, 2015
To all HEFA Members:
Re: Annual General Meeting:

As per the NS Society Act, you are being given thirty days notice that the HEFA Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, November 5th, 2015 at 7:00PM at the Atlantic Superstore Community Room at 3711 Joseph Howe Drive in Halifax. (upstairs)

A report of our 2015 events will be read, and plans for 2016 will be discussed. A financial report for the 2015 year will be presented to the membership.

As is usual, the HEFA Board of Directors for 2016 will be named and membership approval will be asked for.

This meeting is also a perfect time for members to renew their membership for 2016.

Not to be consumed with all business, we will have a "half-time break" for coffee, tea, and cake..to celebrate the completion of our seventh year of operation.

This meeting is open to all, so if you have a friend interested in RC aircraft, bring them along..!

cheers,
Bill F., 2015 HEFA President
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:08 pm

With regard to the emails that I occasionally send out to the entire membership, such as the notice of our annual AGM, I learned a piece of information this week that really opened my eyes. Our secretary, Gary, uses a program called "Chirp" to send the messages and this program has the ability to record the percentage of the membership that actually "open" the email that is sent. He was showing me that a figure of 58% is about as high as we have received with the last six emails that have gone out. I was stunned to hear that so many members would not open their mail. Not sure what the answer is here, except to resort back to the old days and have members call one another..!

Anyway, I want to raise a few dollars at the AGM to offset the tripling of our room rent so I have a neat door prize to raffle off. It's a wooden kit (laser cut) that you assemble into a stand for holding a model. It's complete with all hardware and is adjustable for different models. Have a look at the pictures below; tickets with be available for $5.00
This item is new and just received from the maker, MR Aerodesign in Quebec.

cheers,
Bill
Attachments
end-002.jpg
end-008.jpg
park-it-stand.jpg
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Just a reminder that our Annual General Meeting comes up in less than two weeks on the evening of Thursday November 5th at the Joe Howe Drive Atlantic Superstore. Our membership count this year was 56 so it would be nice to get 30 or so out to the meeting.

If you have any suggestions for RC activities that we haven't participated in, bring them along for discussion....like Stryker combat, etc..!

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 am

Tonight we hold our Annual General Meeting at 7pm; hope to see you there. We will have a review of this years activities, some thoughts for the future, as well as some cake and beverage. Also the 2016 Board of Directors names will be presented to the membership for approval.

Let's see if we can top last years attendance figure of 21.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:16 pm

See you there
what do you mean low rates and expo???

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Great Annual Meeting last evening. Twenty-three members in attendance.

After the business session, including a review of 2015 activities and a report on the Club finances, we broke for a lively intermission which included the consumption of a large cake along with complimentary fruit tray provided by the room manager.

After the break, the draws took place for the raffle prizes with Steve Dalley winning the laser cut kit for the "PARK IT-stand". There were four other draws for containers of heat shrink tubing. One of these was left behind at the end of the evening, so let me know who lost it, and we'll see that you get it.

A lively discussion was held regarding the possibility of a "major fun fly with corporate sponsorship" being held locally in July of 2016. For now, nothing more can be leaked on this, as there are some conditions that need to be nailed down tight to bring this event about. However I can say that there is much enthusiasm among the members to see an event of this magnitude be produced in the capital city of the Province.

To close out the meeting, the names of the HEFA 2016 Board of Directors were presented for approval to the membership, and a motion was made and seconded to accept same.

HEFA will now enter it's eighth year of existence on a positive note.

cheers,
Bill
Attachments
CAKE 2015 (1).JPG
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708