Presidents New Year's Message for 2015

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

Presidents New Year's Message for 2015

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:50 am

Happy New Year to all HEFA members. Hope year 2015 brings you much enjoyment in this great hobby of RC flying..!'

I closed out 2014 with a visit to the Valley Soccer Dome with five other HEFA members for an afternoon of Indoor flying with fifteen or so flyers from the Valley area. Excellent fun!

I'll return later in the day with some hopes of what may be ahead for our Club in 2015.

At this early morning hour I just wanted to jump in here with good wishes for all, and to say "thanks" to fellow Directors and members for the continued support of this HEFA organization.

We are now in year seven, as time marches along; and I look forward to our continued success.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: Presidents New Year's Message for 2015

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:38 pm

So I decided around 11AM to check out the field, but did not get past Tim's on Windmill as I spotted several member vehicles parked there. Chris, Al, John , Gary, and another John were getting a New Year start on swapping stories and drinking java. Then a major snow squall started and 20 minutes later it was time to get motoring.

Later today on TV the "Winter Classic" NHL hockey game takes place, OUTDOORS, with probably 100,000 fans in the stands. (actually this year it was 42,000 fans, as the game was played in a baseball stadium instead of a football stadium). You gotta check it out..!

So what do we hope takes place with HEFA in 2015...?

Well, I'd like to see us raise the interest in our Multicopter and Glider training programs. We can do this by setting specific dates and times when both the trainer and the machines will be available. To the instructors of these machines, if the Directors can assist you in getting these programs to a higher level, just let us know how we can help.

The Directors will be contacting the owner of the Shannon field regarding a renewal of our lease, early in the New Year, and if this occurs we can then proceed with suggestions regarding field improvements.

Our first Raffle has gotten great support from within HEFA, and limited support from outside HEFA; such that my expectations of selling 100 tickets has been reduced to 60. At present the sales count is at 45. A total of 60 would increase our field improvement funds by $300.00 which is definitely a boost. The winner will be announced on January 24th, at 3pm.

If the weather cooperates in February or March and we get another chance to fly at Porters Lake, look for another great day or two. For those who have not been to Vic and Mary's annual event, you are missing something special.

Same goes for the annual Slopefest at Lawrencetown Beach...you gotta see what takes place there..!
Each year more members participate in Slopeing...it has a special addiction to it....you throw a perfectly good model off a cliff, and with only the wind of Mother Nature, you manipulate the controls to keep that model airborn for a half hour or whatever. It is one aspect of electric flying that we are not used to....not having our flights limited to just several minutes..!

With the growing interest in Electric Flying, I look forward to HEFA growing in numbers. In this regard I want to thank the Instructors of 2014 and encourage any member with an interest in helping the new members, to do so. The one comment we hear repeatedly from new members is the excellent assistance they have received from HEFA members.

There will be several other events to discuss as the New Year progresses, but right now....it's Game Time..!

Cheers, and fair winds in 2015,

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: Presidents New Year's Message for 2015

Unread post by bdg » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Well said!

Brian