Lawrencetown Slope Fest 2014 - 30 August

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
AndrewS

Re: Lawrencetown Slope Fest 2014 - 30 August

Unread post by AndrewS » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:49 pm

I will add my thanks to Vic and Mary. There aren't better hosts out there. You guys always go well above and beyond to make sure everyone has a great time.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 pm

I gave away the maiden flight of my Radian Pro to Trevor and then filmed it while hearing him say..."I will get her down..!"

Lots of laughs in this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Ha-R5K3Y

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and thank you to all who came and made this a great event and a highlight of Mary's and my summer! A special thanks to our New Brunswick friends for making the long drive to join us for the event again this year. Who will ever forget the spectacular flights of the 1/4 scale Me 109 that they brought along for us to witness.

I would like to thank John and Greg at Maritime Hobbies again for the generous donation of our grand door prize - a beautiful micro ARF ASK-21 glider, won by our resident slope-soaring veteran, John O'Sullivan. Congrats, John!

Thanks as well to everyone who recorded and posted photos and videos of the highlights of the event, in particular Al Eastman who devoted a great deal of his time on Saturday capturing these fun moments.

The biggest thrill for me this weekend was seeing the eyes light up on the many slope-soaring newcomers when they discovered this wonderful facet of r/c for the first time. It was a pleasure giving introductory lessons to quite a number of folks and I hope to see these new converts on the slope again in the future.

Thanks everyone, and lets do it all again next year!

Vic

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

JohnOSullivan wrote: ...This weekend's Fly-in was amazing.
Of course this would not have happened without the the wonderful contribution of Vic and Mary and of course Andrew Curran. ...
Thanks for thinking of me John, but I can't take any credit at all on this year's event. It was completely Vic and Mary who did all the work and planning this year, and what a fantastic job they did! My hat goes off to them.

Thank you Vic & Mary!

Andrew
Andrew C.

rhyneheimer

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Wow! Just a quick note... I've finally looked at this year's Slope Fest videos and photos. Great coverage, and there's more productions to come I'm sure! Great job everyone - best weekend ever. Thanks to our hosts Vic and Mary, the locals and our visitors, the young and the old, the veterans and the noobs - I don't know who was the most entertaining! Also, what fun to see flyers from indoor/outdoor, gas/electric, chopper/conventional, and all the other subcategories all having fun on our beloved slope.
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 am

Here is a link to some photos that I snapped at the 2014 Lawrencetown Slope Fest, some of them cropped, stored on my Microsoft Onedrive. I mostly snapped Jon's Multiplex Cularis glider, some shots of Vic's scenic parcel of land (from the slope), some bonfire shots, and a few other pictures. I would have liked to take more pictures, but I spent more time actually flying compared to when I usually go flying.

If you would like to have a better look at a particular photo, just click on the "View Original" button, along the top of the screen, and then for even more detail, mouse over a particular spot in the photo and click your mouse.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... lder%2cjpg

It sure was a great time!
Andrew
Andrew C.

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Finally finished and uploaded my video from the slopefest weekend. Almost 15 minutes long so hope some of you have time to watch it. LOL

also submitted my report to the upcoming maac newsletter. Cato should have the newsletter out in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gakR5MAGtE

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Great job Al, you captured it well..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 pm

steve wrote:Great day and super event ! Unfortunately Lucy, the self appointed HEFA mascot, didn't make the picture cut......sniff sniff
Lucy got a sound bite in the video though. :D

Alain

Unread post by Alain » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great Slopefest. I had an incredible time and I will be back. You have an incredible slope site and are great bunch of people. I purchased a fairly inexpensive (under $100 shipped) all purpose slope glider with flaps that I think would be perfect for the site and I am planning to return this fall for a day or two of flying.
I wish I lived closer to the site but I have relatives in Halifax and look forward to stopping by more often. :D