HEFA and MAAC Membership Applications

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

Re: HEFA and MAAC Membership Applications

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Another year has rolled by and it's again time to sweeten the pot for prospective NEW members.....

....a reminder to anyone wanting to get into this hobby; as of September 1st each year, both MAAC and HEFA accept new memberships that cover the remainder of the current year and ALL of the following year for the standard yearly fee. In other words, you get 16 months of membership for the regular cost of a 12 month membership. This only applies to NEW memberships.

cheers,
Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 pm

At last evenings 2014 Annual Meeting a motion was passed to raise the HEFA Adult and Family dues effective January 1st, 2015.

This was prompted by the new lease agreement costs with Canada Lands for the Shannon field.

The annual Adult member fee will go from $40. to $50.00 and the annual Family fee will go from $45. to $55.00

The annual Junior fee will remain at $10.00

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 pm

I've gone to the field last night and tonight and brought my application but not sure who to give it to plus there was noone there .. I have to admit I snuck in a flight while i was there.

Who do I need to give the application and fee to?
Maac # 88313

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:58 am

Not too much evening activity lately, although that could change this Friday, as it looks like we will have a nice day followed by rain on Saturday.

Dues and forms can be received by any of our seven Directors, who will issue a receipt on the spot.

I plan to fly on Friday evening. Should be there by 6:30pm.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 pm

A reminder to NEW members...as of September 1st you get the remainder of THIS year and all of NEXT year when you join HEFA and MAAC ... However this only applies to NEW memberships..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:10 am

The 2016 HEFA and MAAC membership forms have been attached to the 1st post of this thread and are down loadable.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:42 am

Useful to get this one on the top of the "search" list as relevant for January 2016.... which now is only days away!

Lots of people renewed with HEFA during the AGM which is great.
- Completed applications for HEFA can be printed, completed and handed to any of the HEFA directors.
- MAAC registration is through their website and is very quick with a credit card

As we all know, MAAC is the first priority for flying at our club and is mandatory for everyone (unless you are buddy boxed with a trainer and are participating in an introductory flight). Guests can fly (with MAAC) at our field without HEFA membership but this should ideally be limited to a few times and then the flyer should consider becoming a HEFA member.

Hope that this helps!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Now that we are into 2016, it is important to remember that all flyers need to have renewed MAAC memberships in order to participate in flying events with HEFA.

MAAC membership is the priority and this can be renewed in minutes through their website (www.maac.ca). Simply log into your account and renew with your credit card. Keep your receipt as validation of your registration. The actual membership card is typically received through mail within a week or so.

HEFA membership can be renewed by simply printing and completing the form at the top of this posting (from Bill) and then this can be provided to any of the directors. Membership fees help to cover our annual field rental costs, club trainer purchase and maintenance, field maintenance, etc. and is perhaps the best bang-for-your-buck at $50 for the year.

Happy and safe flying!!!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 am

Just a quick reminder to our members.... the application for re-joining HEFA is at the top of this posting. I am convinced that it is the best $50 that you will ever spend. The best "bang for your buck" out there when you consider all of the hours of entertainment associated with this membership!

HEFA fees help to cover the costs associated with the following: leasing of the fields, field maintenance, supporting our training program, supporting indoor flying and supporting other activities with the club (fun fly, etc.)

For convenience, I am reattaching Bill's HEFA application attachment. The MAAC application is still on the first posting. Remember that MAAC coverage is the foundation of our club and allows us to lease the field and is required for all flyers. The good thing about MAAC is that this carries with us to other clubs and allows us to participate in their events as well.

The application and payment can be provided to any of the directors: Bill, Gary, Andrew C, Chris D, Chris H, Vic, or myself.

See you at the field!!!

Brian
Attachments
HEFA Membership Application 2016 new26_50_new.pdf
(160.51 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

datter

Unread post by datter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:03 pm

I just renewed my MAAC after it being dormant for a couple of decades. I emailed them my name and where I lived way back then and amazingly enough I was sent my MAAC number (46113, which I had totally forgot) and now I'm good to go again. :)

Next step is club membership, which I guess involved printing the form up above and bringing it to someone along with a check? Is there any way that can be handled digitally, as in emailing the form somewhere and just doing an etransfer? I'm game either way of course.
David "datter" Titus
MAAC #46113
[url=http://www,davidtitus.com]davidtitus.com[/url]