HEFA and MAAC Membership Applications

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
chodgkinson

Re: HEFA and MAAC Membership Applications

Unread post by chodgkinson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi David,

My preference for the time being is for you to bring a completed form and cash/cheque to the field the next time your there. You can leave it with any of the directors.

Thanks,
Chris

datter

Unread post by datter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:40 pm

ok, will do. Thanks!

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:21 am

The 2017 Membership forms for both HEFA and MAAC have been posted to the 1st post of this thread, and are downloadable.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:00 pm

With the fantastic news about the Shannon Park lease, we would like to remind members to make sure that your memberships are up to date! Memberships for both HEFA and MAAC expired on December 31, 2016 (unless for MAAC you might have elected for a multi-year membership or paid for membership after September 1, 2016).

It is only under both of these memberships that we are able to enjoy this great hobby at SP. The membership is amongst the best value for your dollar out there - HEFA is $50 and is payable to any of the directors while MAAC is approximately $92 and is payable through the MAAC website... and this year they accept PayPal in addition to credit cards for an even easier paying experience. Our HEFA dues are used for club events, for the lease of the field with Canada Lands, for maintenance of the club trainer, etc.

We are counting on our members to renew these applications for 2017. Let's all endeavour to make this an "easy" year and make the renewals a priority.

See you at SP!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Just wanted to push this thread to the top of the list. There are still a few people who have not yet renewed their memberships with HEFA. This is an annual fee to support the costs for leasing the field, for our club trainer, etc. and for various events throughout the year.

I stand-by my previous comment that this is the BEST bang for your buck out there.

Payments can be provided to any of the directors and a receipt will be provided.

See you at the field!

Brian

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 am

This thread is a "sticky", meaning it stays at the top of the Forum so that each year the HEFA and MAAC membership forms are easy to find.

I have updated the first post to include the 2018 HEFA membership form; however as yet we do not have a 2018 MAAC form. When it is available a pdf file for it will be posted.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

A new and revised three page HEFA Membership Application form for 2018 has been added to the first post of this forum along with the current 2018 MAAC Application.

The revised HEFA form contains a spot for "contact info in the event of an emergency". The form is now three pages since it now includes the "rules and regulations" that prior to this were a separate form. It is much better to have these two items merged into the one form and I credit President Brian for bringing this forward.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

JohnF

Unread post by JohnF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:07 pm

The idea of expanding the HEFA form to include emergency info is the best idea yet. Now, can I put this idea to you and Brian, to go one step further? Once this info is on each applicants form, can that info be digitized so it can be accessed at the field? I don’t mean that any member can look at this private info just for the heck of it. There is usually an elected member at SP. that could quickly look on their phone and grab the medical info for the first responders. Only those elected members have total access!
I think a copy of of the new HEFA form should be sent the the Atlantic MAAC representive. This whole idea might just catch on for all the flying clubs in Canada.

sagard

Unread post by sagard » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:27 pm

Is there a digital version of the application to fill out or is it print and fill out only? If its print only do I send funds before dropping off application or after? Where does it get dropped off to?
Maac # 88313

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Andy,

Yes - there is a digital application / PDF for HEFA. Look on the very first post in this thread for the 2022 version.

As for payment - easiest is to supply an etransfer. But cash can be provided to any of the Directors. The existing list on the forum is outdated (on the list to be edited!) but Directors include myself (Brian), Chris H, John L, Josh, Rhoady or Gary F.
HEFA Application Snip
HEFA Application Snip
Please reach out if you have any other questions!!

Brian