Motion put forward for Atlantic Zone AGM

Model Aeronautics Association of Canada
saboo

Motion put forward for Atlantic Zone AGM

Unread post by saboo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:25 am

I am a member in good standing with MAAC. I have been for more than 30 years.

Today I received notice of the Atlantic Zone Meeting for MAAC. In it there was a reference to a motion for the dismissal of the current Zone Director.

Below is my response sent to MAAC Headquarters and the current Zone Director. In a nutshell I say, the By-Laws don't provide for a dismissal motion, and the By-Laws don't contain the referenced subsection.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Day.

Regarding the agenda for the Atlantic Zone Meeting and the motion put forward. The motion references a section of the MAAC By-Laws as Part 13 (b)(ii).

The By-Laws as posted on the MAAC Website are dated December 11, 2014. They do not include any reference to 13 (b)(ii) on page 7 of the document. The section mentioned in the motion does not exist in the document on line. If the member putting forward the motion, has a different set of By-Laws, then it is imperative that those By-Laws be the ones on the website. If the By-Laws on the MAAC Website are out of date, then the motion as proposed cannot go forward, as the general membership does not have access to the current valid By-Laws.

Further I could not find any reference to a method for dismissal of a Director or Zone Director. There is no provision for the dismissal of a director by vote of members. Therefore because the reason for the motion and the motion as put forward, don't comply with the By-Laws, the motion should be dismissed and not allowed to be presented at the meeting.

Regards

Jim Haliburton
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)