WINGS program

Model Aeronautics Association of Canada
Ghost Flyer

WINGS program

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 pm

I'd like to talk with someone about trying for my level A and possibly level B wings. Do we have an official club instructor, or someone willing to help me with this? It would be great if I could sit down with a mentor, take few notes, try a few things.. maybe an assessment, and come up with a plan. A while back, I talked with MAAC about ordering some "wings", when placing an order from their e-store . I was told that anyone who is on the board of directors can order a set of wings. I actually tried to order a set as a gift for someone, but they wouldn't let me, since I'm not a director. Is there an opening for an "Events Director"?

http://www.maac.ca/maac_store.php

Cheers,
Andrew
ps.. If anyone wants to go in on some cub kits (rubber-band powered balsa and tissue kit with MAAC printed on tissue wing), let me know. They are only $3, but you need to order a minimum of 5.
Andrew C.

steve

Re: WINGS program

Unread post by steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

These little balsa, rice paper rubber band models are the best....

Without a doubt the best cheap rubber powered models I have seen. They fly amazing...!

I will take 5. I use them to build with my nieces and nephews. We have gone through a few to say the least

....For real.....5 for me

steve
Steve

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Back in the old days the Toronto FAI Group (Free Flight experts) used to sponsor a Delta Dart ( which MAAC Dart copied) event at the CNE.
I was an avid (and somewhat successful) Free flight competitor, but could never make Rubber powered stuff work. At the 1970 CNE contest my wife and I were sponsoring her grandmothers next door neighbour's son Kevin -7 years old.
Well we were doing OK putting 35-40 seconds indoors with the dart. The rubber was dry and clingy and my wife suggested lubricating it (which was normal for rubber powered contests). As we had no KY jelly on hand we used Noxema! Worked wonders and Kevin did 54 seconds,enough for second place. Best of all we beat Jack McGillivray's protoge - the only time ever. For those not familiar with Jack, he is a world championship level flier who has contributed significantly to world level Rubber Powered Free Flight design for more than half a century.

Put me down for 5 kits.

John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Put me down for 5 as well. They are for my 5 year old niece (honest) :lol:

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Okay.. Let me rephrase that. I need to order a minimum of 5, which means, if you only want 1, 2 or 3, etc, that's fine because I'll already have met the minimum required to get an order. Eg.. I can order 13, since I've already met the minimum order of 5. If you want to change your order, please let me know. I'll hold off until Friday, to place my order.

Cheers,
AC
Andrew C.

steve

Unread post by steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 pm

RocketManRC wrote:Put me down for 5 as well. They are for my 5 year old niece (honest) :lol:

Rick

Sure Rick....sure...!........ :lol:
Steve

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi AC,

I believe that we are not using the MAAC wings program right now. They are looking at doing a remake on the program so HEFA is currently only doing "student" and "pilot" ratings. The MAAC "wings" are only available to Club executives and instructors to award in their training programs.

Andrew S
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

steve

Unread post by steve » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:49 pm

[quote="Ghost Flyer"]I'd like to talk with someone about trying for my level A and possibly level B wings. Do we have an official club instructor, or someone willing to help me with this? It would be great if I could sit down with a mentor, take few notes, try a few things.. maybe an assessment, and come up with a plan. A while back, I talked with MAAC about ordering some "wings", when placing an order from their e-store . I was told that anyone who is on the board of directors can order a set of wings. I actually tried to order a set as a gift for someone, but they wouldn't let me, since I'm not a director. Is there an opening for an "Events Director"?

What are you willing to do for them Andrew......hhhhmmmmmm.......?

In keeping with the environment of AC/DC coming to town........I have a few dirty deds done dirt cheap............lol :lol:

Stevinator
Attachments
IMG_3293.JPG
Steve

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Woha... Those, are some nice lookin wings, Mr. Stevinator... All I can say is, "And I'm a heat-seeker, charging up the sky ...". Gotta love AC/DC... lol

AC
Andrew C.

steve

Unread post by steve » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm

...Excellent response Andrew......excellent....!

Funny how I quoted a song Bon Scott, and you chose a song, with Brian Johnston......They say that some AC/DC fans actually prefer Brian's sound over Bon............

Bon was twisted...! just listen to his lyrics........
Steve