Flying May 4-5

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
DoverSail

Flying May 4-5

Post by DoverSail » Fri May 03, 2024 4:01 pm

Sunday is looking like it may be acceptable for flying in the morning hours. Is anyone planning on heading out there?

bdg

Re: Flying May 4-5

Post by bdg » Fri May 03, 2024 10:01 pm

Josh - indeed it does look like "the" day! I hope to be able to get out!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon May 06, 2024 8:33 am

Well... Sunday was a great day! A handful of enthusiastic flyers (Josh, John, Paul, Brian) to enjoy the low winds and the offerings of the field. The roadway is in need of some repair with a lot of water-induced ruts in places but was passable. The field was better as Paul had tamped many of the wheel tracks left by some ATV riders.... thanks Paul. Thinking that a powered tamper might help a little more too to help smooth the field. A little work party combined with some flying would help a lot.

The flying was great and the thermals... wow! Crazy thermals.

The gravel roadway at the end of Lynch has quite a few larger potholes... take it slow and all should be well.

Hope to see a few more people out and about in the coming weeks.

Brian

paul.mckiel

Unread post by paul.mckiel » Sat May 11, 2024 9:36 pm

I may be flying tomorrow, but it will be probably after lunch time. Last weekend of Volleyball for the oldest grand daughter. Weekend are clear starting next week. I will have the two new workstations finiashed and hoefully delivered by then. The signs I have will be posted this week for sure.

Paul