Weekend - December 15/16, 2018

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - December 15/16, 2018

Unread post by bdg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Well... it turned out to be another great weekend. Only a few flyers on Saturday at SP - even though temperatures were warm at 7°C or so - partially due to the windy forecast (supposed to have been gusting 50+ km/h) which did monopolize. It is unfortunate for those who did not participate (including me!) due to making alternate plans for the morning based upon these incorrect forecasts.

Sunday was great. Temperatures hovering near freezing but no wind. Lots and lots of flying for the half-dozen flyers who went to SP. I am sure that there were many at the indoor as well to take in warmer weather.

Definitely lots of dog doo on the field. Why oh why can't people be more responsible? Special thanks to Chris H and Louis B for getting these many spots off the flight line.

Brian

tjrc

Re: Weekend - December 15/16, 2018

Unread post by tjrc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:20 pm

bdg wrote:Well... it turned out to be another great weekend. Only a few flyers on Saturday at SP - even though temperatures were warm at 7°C or so - partially due to the windy forecast (supposed to have been gusting 50+ km/h) which did monopolize. It is unfortunate for those who did not participate (including me!) due to making alternate plans for the morning based upon these incorrect forecasts.

Sunday was great. Temperatures hovering near freezing but no wind. Lots and lots of flying for the half-dozen flyers who went to SP. I am sure that there were many at the indoor as well to take in warmer weather.

Definitely lots of dog doo on the field. Why oh why can't people be more responsible? Special thanks to Chris H and Louis B for getting these many spots off the flight line.

Brian
Hey Brian,

Anyone flying this weekend?

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Tough to say for sure.... especially with the rainy forecast. We tend to be at the field when winds are light(ish) say less than 25km/h and of course when winds are lighter. The combination of light winds and warmer weather - without rain - is a gift this time of year and there are often some members at the field. This is further "complicated" with the Christmas season. My guess at this moment is that Saturday will be a washout but that Sunday might permit some flying.

You are always welcome to drop by and to see what we are all about.

We are also "competing" with indoor sessions that offer warmth and a tighter circuit.

Brian

tjrc

Unread post by tjrc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:41 am

bdg wrote:Tough to say for sure.... especially with the rainy forecast. We tend to be at the field when winds are light(ish) say less than 25km/h and of course when winds are lighter. The combination of light winds and warmer weather - without rain - is a gift this time of year and there are often some members at the field. This is further "complicated" with the Christmas season. My guess at this moment is that Saturday will be a washout but that Sunday might permit some flying.

You are always welcome to drop by and to see what we are all about.

We are also "competing" with indoor sessions that offer warmth and a tighter circuit.

Brian

Thanks Brian. I'll see how Sunday goes.