Weekend - November 17/18, 2018

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - November 17/18, 2018

Unread post by bdg » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Well... I know that it is not worth complaining BUT it has been too long since we have been able to enjoy SP. Winds winds and more winds. And when it is not windy, it is raining. Surely this has to change to better weather soon!

Tomorrow is looking like another windy day. Sunday is better wind-wise but it is planned to be still fairly windy and cold. Might be a good day for an indoor with our friends at SW.... hopefully this will be on. 9am-12pm is the normal time.

We all know that there has been a lot of discussions in the news about SP. As a club, we are weighing our options and are trying to gather some additional information from CL regarding our lease. Certainly there will be more to follow. Communications come in waves - starting with a lot of enthusiasm followed now by cooler heads that look at the costs and support needed to sustain such a venue. I believe that HRM councilors are reconvening in a few months to evaluate the bigger picture, including the need for initial and sustained public funding and where this might be sourced. On top of this are new soil remediation concerns and the up to $5M (estimated) associated with removal of this contaminated soil.

Brian
Attachments
Capture.JPG
SP1.jpg

JohnOSullivan

Re: Weekend - November 17/18, 2018

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I notice that the contaminated area is close to the shoreline well to the west of where we fly. Work in this area should have no impact on our flying site. As this work should take some extended time and should delay any serious development of the area, it looks like we may well have access to the area for quite a time to come. Also until any final decision on a possible stadium, we should not be affected.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26