Weekend - September 29-30/18

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
retiredVTT

Weekend - September 29-30/18

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Small group on a cloudy Saturday morning, which around noon turned into a fairly decent day.

However Sunday,(today), was a definite knockout of a day, with clear blue skies and very low winds every moment until well after 2pm. Just a gorgeous Autumn day..! The turnout of flyers was much greater than Saturday. We can only wonder if there are a few more of these days left before we are reduced to gloves and lined jeans..!

I think this was the first weekend this entire summer that we did not see our President and Chief Instructor but we realize that along with Autumn comes curling bonspiel time. Your presence Brian was missed, but we all held it together as best we could.

We had a new flyer show up with one hour of experience with his HobbyZone Cub, so we checked out his plane, got it up in the air and stood by while he controlled it very well for 12 minutes. We expect to see him back next week with his MAAC membership and ready to try out the Club Apprentice.

John O' was getting great times on his flights...up to 30 minutes on one occasion!

Just a reminder that as we approach October 8th this year the HEFA organization will have been 10 years in existence..! Something to be proud of, that we were able to create a "City RC Club" and keep it going for a decade..!

Later this month on October 23rd, we will have our annual general meeting at the Sobey's Community Room on Wyse Road, Dartmouth, and it will be time to celebrate out accomplishments with some refreshments, as well as conduct some business..!
Mark it on your calendar..7 to 9 PM..!

cheers,
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: Weekend - September 29-30/18

Unread post by bdg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:18 am

Glad that everyone had a great time today! I was thinking of you and wishing that I could be at SP. Instead, I was only 5 minutes away but unable to join the normal "gang" , fun and comradeship at the club. As you have indicated, there was a curling bonspiel which occupied all of Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. Lots of organizing and lots of photo taking.

And yes - I believe that this is my first missed weekend in a long time.

Great to get up the new student on their plane through the buddy box. Great hobby, this is!

Hopefully next weekend will be great! I am already counting the days. Long weekend coming up!!!!

Brian