September 9, 2018....!!!

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

September 9, 2018....!!!

Unread post by bdg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Well - another great morning at SP! Good turn-out as well. Started very cool but ended up just perfect weather-wise (well, a little windy but very controllable!).

I arrived shortly after 9 to a full parking lot. Lots of flying on the go. Bob S. maidened his UMX F16 (flies great!) after some adjustments by Trevor beforehand.

Logan and Wayne, and friend Mark, were present again. Logan was flying his P51 with expertise and I had Wayne up on a training flight on the Apprentice.... he was remembering the techniques quickly. Mark has his own Apprentice and hopefully will be back to learn the ropes with us and to hasten the learning curve and to reduce the frustrations... he already has Phoenix so that should help.

You might have also noticed that Logan was buddy-boxed with me on the StuntMaster. Far from a beginner plane and requiring a lot of rudder control, Logan was doing absolutely great with it!!!

Paul was back flying his Sport Cub with great comfort.

There was also a new person - Lee - at the field. I took him up for a training flight as well. The skills were coming along but certainly he needs more stick time. He suggested that he would be back. He drove in to SP in his nearly antique auto... built in 1989 as new. Quite a sight!!!

Soon time for another BBQ...!

Brian
Attachments
20180909_154718949_iOS.jpg
20180909_154732617_iOS.jpg
20180909_154743726_iOS.jpg

retiredVTT

Re: September 9, 2018....!!!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Stunning pictures Brian..!
Can you imagine trying to explain that vintage Mercedes without a picture or two. It would be very hard.
Why, you could truly say "a picture is worth a thousand words..!"
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: September 9, 2018....!!!

Unread post by bdg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Straight out of an iphone.... no editing.... so with the right equipment they could be improved upon for sure.... but yes - they do capture the moment! In great shape.

Interestingly enough, Lee found us as a result of the Shearwater Hobby Show. He had an OLLLDDDD print-out from our "about us" page which listed Chris Dean as President - now that was a while ago!!!!

That reminds me that we were hoping for a bit of a facelift on the opening page - to at least add the FB link. All in good time.

Brian