Weekend - July 7/8

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - July 7/8

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Well....! It was a blustery day but yet even that is not enough to keep some of our members down! But a jacket / sweater was definitely required - quite a difference from the past few days!

Probably 6 a half-dozen people at the field today. We even were able to have two training flights on the Club Apprentice with Steve, who was accompanied by his son Benjamin. I suggested to Steve that today, as a training day, was probably 2/10 or maybe 3/10 - but we did it anyways and Steve was doing very well. Coordinated turns with little elevation changes. Even a few loops for good measure and a few great take-offs as well.

Next was a trip for him to MSC... great to support them!

Tomorrow is looking better overall and the turn-out should be better.

See you then!!!

Brian

bdg

Re: Weekend - July 7/8

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:41 pm

I meant to highlight that Steve found us as a result of the static display at the HRM Common Canada Day event....! Hopefully the first of many to be exposed to this great hobby as a result of that exposure!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Wow! WHAT A MORNING!

Good crowd of maybe 20-25 (ish) people. Mostly light winds. Hot temperatures.

Lots of training on the go!
  • Some great training flights ongoing between Rick and Ian.
  • We had a new potential member Paul at SP this morning and he and I were up at least twice with the Apprentice - and he had a two great landings as well. I anticipate that he will be joining and wants to fly his new plane from MSC - a Carbon Cub S+ 1.3me (https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/ai ... ic-hbz3250).
  • I was also up with Shelley - spouse of member Paul H - and she was improving steadily with her flying on the Apprentice. A little sim time and a few more flights will make a huge difference in her progress.
These flights mixed with some of my own - Visionaire, P51D Mustang (c/w a high-speed growl!), and my Stryker F27Q with flat spins!!

What a day!

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Yes, it was a fun morning.
Plane Crazey :D

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 am

Marc - I am still thinking about that looooowwww pass with your plane across the field - quite a sight!!!

Brian