Late Afternoon of Jan 21

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Late Afternoon of Jan 21

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Anyone thinking about a quick sortie to SP? The winds seem light(ish) and the temperatures are above freezing...

bdg

Re: Late Afternoon of Jan 21

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Ok. Windy and cold. But still a few quick flights!!! I’ll take it!!

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 pm

bdg wrote:Ok. Windy and cold. But still a few quick flights!!! I’ll take it!!
How is the field Brian? Is it icy and smooth enough for big wheeled airplanes? I am thinking of heading down tomorrow (my day off).

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Thought about dropping by, but went to Shearwater to do some indoor flying.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Let's just say that I did not stay long at the field. My car suggested an outside temperature of +2°C but it was windier than I thought that it would be.... so with the wind chill it felt like -20°C :cry: and this was furthered with the fact that I did not have my toque - I was in too much of a rush to pack the car!

It feels like weeks - and it has been for me! - since I had my fingers on the sticks. Lots of family commitments with curling and the like and now with another driver in the house it just seems busier than ever before. It felt great to get that Icon A5 into the air for two flights - but it was getting blown around a lot.

The field is snow covered. Lots of tracks - people and dogs. The snow is crusty but (of course) we sink through very quickly. The road immediately in front of the field is now plowed but someone has driven through the snow many times to push it down and therefore it is passable but very icy. I just parked where it was plowed and it was not too bad at all to get to the field.

Hoping for nicer weather - a little warmer and less wind - is on my order list!!!

The Shearwater indoor would fit that bill - hoping to get there one of these weeks!

All the best,

Brian