Beat the rain

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
wildblue30

Re: Beat the rain

Unread post by wildblue30 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 am

bdg wrote:Did you get this out yet, Jeff? Happy with the plane?

Is it a good combination of stability and advanced maneuverability?

Brian
As a matter of fact, Brian, today (Monday) was the day I finally got to do the maiden flight (plus four more!). As I suspected, my 3S packs provided somewhat lackluster power. Luckily I also brought some 4S 2200 packs that delivered more punch for some aerobatics and inverted flight.

The Tundra is very agile in roll rate, and more than adequate in pitch rate. The yaw rate could be improved so I think I will replace the rudder servo with something that has a longer servo horn. Since I will probably fly this model mostly on 4S, I will likely replace the stock 12x6 prop with something smaller (maybe 10x7E).

Overall I am happy with the Tundra. It glides well, has gentle stall behavior and the springy landing gear seems very durable. One thing to note for anyone looking at purchasing one of the newer color Tundras is that they come with heavier "rubbery" foam main wheels that weigh about 90 grams more than the wheels on the original (green) Tundra. So the color Tundras tend to be a bit nose heavy.

Jeff
IMG460sm.jpg
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S