November 4/5, 2017

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

November 4/5, 2017

Unread post by bdg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:37 am

Well - definitely cooler temperatures close to 8°C and windier..... but "good enough" for many of our members! There were roughly 12 people at SP this morning but some limited flying.... I was able to take advantage of 7 great flights before I had to leave early to take my kids to some events this afternoon.

Tomorrow is supposed to be even better wind-wise but potentially cooler with temperatures close to 3°C at 8am and only increasing to 8°C or so near noon.

See you tomorrow! Dress warmly! Gloves, winter coats and lined pants are definitely in order.... and a heated sweater from Home Depot is also a good thing!!!

Brian

bdg

Re: November 4/5, 2017

Unread post by bdg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm

A great morning...! I had to leave just after 12pm (new time) to address some things at home - but there were still lots of people flying. Great to get Marc up again - he is doing great and that cross-wind landing can be a challenge, for sure.

Lots more flights on the Visionaire, Stuntmaster, and Convergence today. Lots of activity on the flight line.

Thanks, also, to everyone for supporting the local Syrian boy too. No jacket.... and a cold day. We loaned him some clothing and purchased a hot chocolate for him (thanks, Tyrone, for picking this up!). And Tyrone even donated a small quadcopter.... hopefully something that will replace his single-bladed coaxial helicopter that will not otherwise fly. What a great bunch!

Next weekend is the lonnnngggg weekend. As Remembrance Day is on Saturday, the stat is recognized on Monday...!

See you at the field.

Brian