Flying today

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
the-mailman

Re: Flying today

Unread post by the-mailman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:09 am

Thought the rain was going to hinder flying today, but it was rain free until 9:30 and I got several flights in. Bob and I were the only ones there this morning.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

You've got to be keen to be at the field too early :lol:

Good to hear that you were able to get out. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Not looking good at the moment. There *might* be an opportunity for indoor tomorrow with our friends at SW. More to follow on that if they still have the timeslot and if someone from their club will be participating.... both prerequisites!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 pm

I don't think that there will be indoor flying tomorrow with SW. On the other hand.... the POP is "only" 70% in the morning. Time will tell if it is nice enough to get out to SP. On the positive side, we do need the rain....

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:02 pm

I guess I must be nuts, but I ventured out this morning. Only a light shower around 9 am and then no more. Got a few flights in before it got too foggy.

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

I am impressed....!

Funny.... in one moment I was thinking that it was brightening up to the point of popping into the field.... and the next moment it was raining in buckets.... and then the cycle repeated several times. That said, I recognize that conditions can be quite different between SP and my home, lesss than 10 km away!!!

Nothing ventured.... nothing gained!

Brian

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:08 pm

After a wet weekend, I'll be thinking of getting an "evening fly in" this week for sure. I believe there will be a couple of extremely warm days coming to a field near us..!

I have my "two piece Funcub fuselage", from last weekends exploits, reconfigured to one piece, so a re-maiden is in order..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Going flying in the morning about 8 for an hour or so. It's nice to be on vacation.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Looks like the rain is back for the rest of the week, so I'm going to try for 8 am tomorrow.

JohnF

Unread post by JohnF » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm

My wife and I went out to SP this morning. There were two other club members enjoying a very nice morning flying.
I brought the Apprentice out plus another older plane. The Apprentice flew with no problems. The other plane would not respond to any commands. That one will need some bench work.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:55 pm

That was Jeff and me. Great morning. Might head back this evening.