Flying today

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
the-mailman

Flying today

Unread post by the-mailman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm

What a dark, cold, and lonely place the field was this morning. I arrived just before 8 and there was no one there. The sun hadn't even begun to shine on the field, although what a pain to land from the right with the sun right in the corner of the field when it did come up. I flew for an hour before the wind got too much for me and I had to pack up and go home. Hopefully tomorrow will bring out more fliers and less winds.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Re: Flying today

Unread post by bdg » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Bruce,

I arrived shortly after 9. There was only RIck there (and Tyrone). Then Logan and family arrived to fly his SuperCub. Logan has his MAAC and is a capable flyer - and hopes to maiden a P51 tomorrow.

The crowds arrived as the morning progressed - probably 10-12 flyers. It was windy but fun! Cool at first and then it warmed up. The bulk of the group left by 10 or so to venture for hot coffee.... I stayed for a few additional flights but left shortly after 11.

Tomorrow should be better.... winds are forecast to be lighter.

See you tomorrow!!!!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Sunday was FANTASTIC at SP this morning. Lots of activity. Cool and windy as the day progressed but still very manageable.

My apologies to those who I was not able to help this morning. It was busy - in a good way!

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Beautiful day for some lunch time flying, after the kids went back in of course. Light crosswind, but manageable. Sunday and Monday look good so I'll be back.

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm

I was down between 9:30 and 10:30 this morning for a few test flights with my heli. It was a bit windier in the morning, but still good for flying.
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Went back after work to fly my last two batteries and Bob showed up with his P51 and did a couple flights. Great day.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Out for a quick fly at noon today. Wind was a little gusty and my Frankencessna didn't like it. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Bruce,

When do you normally go? My office is only 5 minutes away (or so) and a quick break in the middle of the day might be very welcomed.... keep the mind fresh!

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm

What a difference a couple of hours makes. Stopped after work and the wind was gone. Still had two batteries so off I went.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:27 pm

bdg wrote:Bruce,

When do you normally go? My office is only 5 minutes away (or so) and a quick break in the middle of the day might be very welcomed.... keep the mind fresh!

Brian
Any time the temp, weather and wind look good for noon the next day. Right now, Friday looks like it might be good or at least no worse than today, but that can change. I usually take a late lunch and arrive at 12:45 when the kids are going back inside and fly for 30 minutes or so. I'd like to fly earlier, but I worry about attracting kids and annoying the school monitors. Don't want to get a complaint.