Weekend - April 6/7, 2019

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.

Weekend - April 6/7, 2019

New postby bdg on Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Well.... Saturday was a write-off due to wind and snow (yes... snow!) - at least for me - but Sunday made up for it. Smaller turn-out of maybe 10 fliers total.

A few highlights:
  • We had a few introductory flights for Noah. Noah (11 years old) arrived with his Dad and brothers with a 1S Cub and wanted to fly. We diverted him to our Apprentice and - sure enough the "click" was made during the second flight. He was doing quite well. We were also able to connect his "Batman" controlled to my Dx9 and therefore could buddy box on that configuration. Definitely more challenging in the winds but everyone (pilot and plane) did well and will live to see another day!
  • Please join me in welcoming new member Derrick to HEFA. Derrick and I were up for a flight on the Apprentice and he was doing great.... practicing landing approaches today.
  • John F was at the field with his Apprentice. Some questions related to the channels and switch positions on his Dx6e. We were able to sort out the panic (channel 6) and the flight mode (channel 5) and sure enough his plane (and pilot!) were also doing GREAT!

All in all, a great morning. Some obvious missing faces at SP.

Nice that the weather is finally changing. A sign of things to come!

Brian
bdg

Re: Weekend - April 6/7, 2019

New postby wildblue30 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:49 am

I stopped by SP Sunday afternoon just after 1 pm for a few EDF flights. With the snow having all melted, I decided to go looking for a battery that was ejected from my 450 heli in early August of last year. I was unable to find it at the time because of the dense thorn bushes. But today I found the 3S 2200 mAh pack almost immediately not even 5 feet from the edge of the runway.

And no, after eight months in the elements I was not able to measure any voltage in the cells.

Jeff
IMG712sm.jpg
MAAC 85077
CopterX CX450 FBL, H-King Voltigeur MkII, ParkZone Sport Cub S2, Durafly Tundra (Blue/Red), BAe Hawk 70mm EDF, XK A430 UMX, UMX Timber
Transmitter: OrangeRX TX6i
wildblue30

Re: Weekend - April 6/7, 2019

New postby bdg on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 am

Good that it is no longer there, Jeff! Thanks for searching for it.

And
With the snow having all melted
.... might not be the case by this time tomorrow but hopefully will be closer to the case by the weekend... 10°C on Friday!

Brian
bdg

Return to Anyone Flying?