Stubby up front..!

Discussions related to sport models.
retiredVTT

Re: Stubby up front..!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 am

Wow...time just marches on...!

This coming Saturday I hope to once more fly "STUBBY" at our BBQ being held at the new PLF (Porters Lake Field)

Many of our newer members will not immediately recognize Stubby as being the high wing model contained within the original HEFA logo. Built back in 2005, Stubby is a Canadian "redesign" by Ron Danials of the Sig Seniorita kit.

My build thread on RCGroups is found at this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ght=stubby

Anyway the plan is to "get 'er down off the shelf"...check her over and prop her such that maybe 850 watts can be produced from some 5S lipo packs that I picked up awhile back.

Some of the older members can enlighten the newer members on the "Stubby 29 Day Saga of '08" since a gag order was issued with respect to further comment within this website....and rightly so..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 am

Is it really 3 years ago that the saga took place?? Times goes fast when you are having fun. I can remember it clearly. I think I still have pictures!!

Was it really 29 days long? I remember the discussions, and the options thrown around. In the end everyone's mother intervened and all was well.

So lets all shout "Fly Stubby, Fly!!!" ( and whisper "carefully")
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 am

Well said..!

..amen,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I suspect that every organization has one or two skeletons in the closet... lol.

I look forward to seeing Stubby fly again Bil!

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 pm

So it's another two and a half years gone by and this weekend we are keeping out fingers crossed for a "date with the lake"...the Annual Porters Lake Fun Fly hosted by Vic and Mary.

It appears that the weather on Sunday (Feb 23/14) will be near ideal...so once again we hope to get Stubby airborne....this time with winter footwear..skis..!

Bill
Attachments
IMG_4455.JPG
IMG_4456.JPG
IMG_4457.JPG
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708