Looking for glider

Got something to sell or trade?
pmadrid

Looking for glider

Unread post by pmadrid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 am

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a glider (with or without motor). That's the type of plane I have experience with and the one I enjoy flying the most.
Let me know if you're interested in selling any. Thanks!

bdg

Re: Looking for glider

Unread post by bdg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Welcome to HEFA!

Gliders are a unique, challenging, fun and rewarding experience, for sure!

Are you into the balsa or foamy types? You can't go wrong with a Radian (https://www.horizonhobby.com/night-radi ... ct-efl3650) available through Mighty Small Cars on Windmill Road!!!

Brian

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Not too many sailplanes for sale secondhand around here as far as I know.
You will not do any better than a Radian for value.
I do have a Hyper 2.3 metre full house (Rudder,Elev,Flaps Aileron) electric carbon model for sale, but it may be too pricey for you. I bought it secondhand for $725 US a few years ago. It has a Multiplex Himax geared inrunner, Hyperion servos and Phoenix 35 amp ESC. I'm asking $500 for it.
The Hyper is made by Vladimir Models the top level Ukrainian Sailplane manufacturer.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

pmadrid

Unread post by pmadrid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm

bdg wrote:Welcome to HEFA!

Gliders are a unique, challenging, fun and rewarding experience, for sure!

Are you into the balsa or foamy types? You can't go wrong with a Radian (https://www.horizonhobby.com/night-radi ... ct-efl3650) available through Mighty Small Cars on Windmill Road!!!

Brian
I didn't see it when I went to MSC last week, but I will give them a call anyway. The Radian does indeed look like a good option!

pmadrid

Unread post by pmadrid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:23 pm

JohnOSullivan wrote:Not too many sailplanes for sale secondhand around here as far as I know.
You will not do any better than a Radian for value.
I do have a Hyper 2.3 metre full house (Rudder,Elev,Flaps Aileron) electric carbon model for sale, but it may be too pricey for you. I bought it secondhand for $725 US a few years ago. It has a Multiplex Himax geared inrunner, Hyperion servos and Phoenix 35 amp ESC. I'm asking $500 for it.
The Hyper is made by Vladimir Models the top level Ukrainian Sailplane manufacturer.
That plane looks amazing, but it is indeed too pricey to get back to the hobby after so many years.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 am

John has some great planes, for sure. Pro-grade.

I have the non-illuminated version of the Radian (and the Radian Pro) and prefer the simplicity of the original Radian. It is a great plane. HEFA also has one for training so you should be able to try it out. There is a rebate of $25 US on the plane that would be recognized by MSC, who would be happy to bring it in for you on their next weekly order - assuming that it is in stock at Horizon (which it is!).