3D printing rc gear

Got something to sell or trade?
Ivan

3D printing rc gear

Unread post by Ivan » Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 pm

hey guys been dealing with a good guy (Andre) who does some 3d Printing if your looking to get something done and don't know were to start check him out his kijiji ad https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/ ... 1353078108 and email FreshPrintsofDartmouth@gmail.com just look up what RC stuff you need on thingiverse and he'll print it

bdg

Re: 3D printing rc gear

Unread post by bdg » Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 am

Thanks for sharing, Ivan!!!!

The cost of 3D printers is dropping and I picked up an entry level version - small bed of maybe 120mm x 120mm x 120mm with a heated bed - for $240 + tax on Amazon. Printing with PLA thus far. I have been having a lot of fun with it but there is still a lot to learn. I've used TinkerCAD and SketchUp with decent success (after a few trials). I believe that Rick M and Jim H are also into the 3D printing scene.

I believe that prints can also be done at Dal - Bruce M has had some success with that - where they will print your gcode or stl creations at the cost proportional to the amount of ABS or PLA used and at a good rate.

Have fun! Thanks for sharing!

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 am

Yes, I've had several items printed at Dal. They have printers at several locations in the city. I think the price is around 8 cents / gram. The service is not very fast though as student projects take priority. Here's the link for more information.

https://libraries.dal.ca/services/photo ... nting.html
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

rhyneheimer

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Dal had one of their 2D printers go down right when i submitted a job in 2017, and yeah, students get priority, so it took a while, but i was impressed with the print quality, and the low cost. they also print large posters in there. shown below is a previous version of the NSS Enterprise as a 5-inch "keychain" model from an STL file - not sure of the material (wasn't given a choice) but it's quite hard and tough and light - waiting for the new version to print (work in progress by Mark Rademaker)
IMG_1951.JPG
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone