Eyespy gestation

Post here about current projects being worked on.
JohnOSullivan

Eyespy gestation

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 am

Kevin Muise, Chris and I are building new Eyespies and I am making up a short kit for Bjorn Arnsvik (Icebear) in Sweden, who has been one of the leading ATTOPILOT testers.
Kevin and I cut out a lot of the stripwood last night.
God news is that Dean Goedde (ATTOPILOT developer) has just had clearance to export the unit to Canada, and Jim H and I should have our new version 1.8 within a few weeks.
John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

VO1ET

Re: Eyespy gestation

Unread post by VO1ET » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi John...
Jerry over here in Nfld.... I have been folowing the " ATTOpilot as well....Seems things have slowed down a ltlle...
Haven't heard anything lately ... I am considering trying the " ARDUPilot " ...
What do you think ...
De VO1ET Jerry

JohnOSullivan

Re: Eyespy gestation

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm

VO1ET wrote:Hi John...
Jerry over here in Nfld.... I have been folowing the " ATTOpilot as well....Seems things have slowed down a ltlle...
Haven't heard anything lately ... I am considering trying the " ARDUPilot " ...
What do you think ...
De VO1ET Jerry
Hi Jerry;
Dean Goedde has backed off a bit from the Beta Testers and seems to have a small selected group of pros working on the Attopilot.
There are three Beta testers in Canada, Robert in Alberta, Jim Haliburton in Halifax and myself. Robert met up with Dean in the US last week and got his Atto 1.8. Dean told me that my Atto 1.8 was to be shipped out on 2nd March and this has been confirmed by Robert , so Jim's Atto is also in the mail.

I have an Atto 1.6 which I got last July which operates in an erratic manner on Auto due to some disconnect in the thermopile. It does however give some amazing data output. I'm looking forward to getting the new version in the air as it is considerably more powerful than the original.

I think that as more people get their hands on the unit there will be some great advances. It seems to be more plug and play and have more features than any of the other units, but the ARDUPilot seems to be well into the development stage. I met with Universal Wing guys www.universalwing.com in Toronto last week at the Prospectors conference. They have been flying Airborne Magnetic surveys for about 6 years using Micronav and more recently Cloudcap systems. Their guy Declan Sweeney is on the advisory board for UAV Regulations and some of the proposed security requirements are very rigorous.

John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26