E-Flite Blade SR

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
retiredVTT

Re: E-Flite Blade SR

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:34 am

Ok...eight months later and Eflite brings out ANOTHER one...the BLADE SR120...a much smaller heli with a 12" rotor, single cell 500mah lipo, fixed pitch, weighing in at 3.5ozs ....suppose to be a step up from the coaxials...they gotta get it right eventually I guess..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 am

I have had quite a bit of time on that one bill. Good indoor heli. It's just a larger MSR, exactly the same physically. a bit more solid feel due to the larger size, but other than that flies exactly like the little msr.

It's a fun machine (much neater than a co-axial) that will help with orientation but will give you a false sense of security for the first time you try that 3000rpm headspeed on a 450. :lol:

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Is that an endorsement Al..?

I know you were not a fan of the Blade SR (the main topic of this thread) so is the SR120 a better single rotor indoor, (outdoor in calm weather), fixed pitch heli, for the freshman heli pilot..?

EDIT...Ok, I reread your post...you already said "good indoor heli"....so I'll give it the "AE seal of approval" ...that should cause the
LHS's to order in a few..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:19 am

I don't find it great outdoors bill. It's great in the basement, living room, or an indoor, but really the fixed pitch birds don't fly all that well when you wind them up in forward flight. they go like stink, and you can fly them around but it's a far cry from a collective pitch heli. for a beginner they can be a lot of fun and help learning what the sticks do.

I really didn't have any problem with the blade SR, just the claims they were making about stability that I didn't find to be true. It's a nicely engineered little heli but you just can't pick it up and expect to fly it. Mike gave up on his last year, although at the indoor tonight we did discuss his trying it again.