New flyer

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
Ken O

New flyer

Unread post by Ken O » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:39 am

Hi everyone, I am just getting back into RC after a 20+ year hiatus. I am flying a 450 class helicopter. I am just wondering if any helicopter fans will be out on the 19th. I am trying to solve a tail rotor issue that has me mistified. I crunched my chopper in what appeared to be a very benign nose over, I have sice lost all control of the tail rotor. I have gone so far as to completely replace the entire tail rotor unit but to no avail, I still have no control. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I am using a Futaba 7C radio and a 401 Gyro.

Best Regards to everyone
Ken

KrasherJack

Re: New flyer

Unread post by KrasherJack » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey Ken,
Try setting the throttle cutoff on..So the Blades do not spin, then test the Gyro on the tail rotor. The tail servo arm should move against the yaw as you move the bird in your hand. Does the tail servo work on the ground also? with the TX rudder command?
Bring it out on the weekend, or take it down and ask Greg, at MSC, and maybe he can have a look for you.
Jack
Zoom..Zoom

Ken O

Unread post by Ken O » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Jack, thanks for the response. I have removed the generic radio along with the gyro that came with the helicopter and installed my Futaba 7C and 401 Gyro. After programming all seems to be in order, I hope to make it out on the weekend. Are you talking about Shannon Park or indoor flying Sat evening.

Best Regards
Ken

KrasherJack

Unread post by KrasherJack » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:35 pm

I'll be at Shannon, Sunday morning, But Sat night is a Movie and a Beer night ;)
Jack
Zoom..Zoom