Where to start

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
johnnyb

Where to start

Unread post by johnnyb » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Well after many hours of standing around watching and chatting with the members I finally decided to commit to the hobby once again and start buying some gear. So to make a long story short I ended up driving to Moncton yesterday to buy a DX6i radio as the first step to getting back into the hobby, but drove back with the radio, plus a Blade SR and a Blade 400. The plan was to get into planes which I am still going to do but also now looking at starting up with helicopters (I think). Once I clock on a few more hours on the G5.5 simulator if any of the heli pilots have some advice and wouldn’t mind helping me set the heli up I would sure appreciate the assistance.

John

nunyabizniss34

Re: Where to start

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Bring the helis down to the Shannon Park field on the weekend John, I will be happy to help you

Colin
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 am

I'm happy to help out as well John.

I think you should do some research online on the Blade 400 and make sure you check it over thoroughly after reading what people have to say about it. Andrew S bought one of those a few years ago to learn with and I was not very impressed with it. He eventually gave up on it and sold it. But maybe things have improved.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Coyote

Unread post by Coyote » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 pm

I see lots of SIM time ahead - on plus side - cheaper on heli parts ;-)
-----------------------------------------------------
Marc "Coyote" Cayouette
Halifax Electric Flyers Association (HEFA) # 054
MAAC #35128
DX9

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Did you actually purchase the Blade 450 John as that's what seems to be available now? It seems to have some improvements over the Blade 400 so maybe they solved some of the problems.

There is a flybarless version coming out soon as well but it is going to be quite a bit more expensive.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

JMiller

Unread post by JMiller » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 pm

+1 for sim time. Pheonix has saved me a bundle, and lets me perfect new moves before I ever try them out on my 600.

johnnyb

Unread post by johnnyb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey guys thanks for the replies and yes I am getting in lots of Sim time, it will be great when I have the hover at a point to where I am comfortable. As for trying new I think that may be a while from now, but you got to love the "reset" bottom a the sim,