DX8 Spektrum causes heli crash..!

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
retiredVTT

DX8 Spektrum causes heli crash..!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:39 am

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st16146142

For now, you are advised (in the above thread) to leave the "vibe" part of the Timer Alarm "off" since it caused a pitch problem with a resulting crash of the heli.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

karlpenney

Re: DX8 Spektrum causes heli crash..!

Unread post by karlpenney » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 am

Don't think anybody has one here yet, but when they do arrive, this will be easy enough to check. So far, I believe it is only that one particular radio that had the problem.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:24 pm

You may be correct...they're saying that there were other issues BUT that they have been addressed with software fixes..

They are not alone with bugs ...I see Hitec are having some problems as well, with their new Aurora radio.

Bill

karlpenney

Unread post by karlpenney » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm

You may be correct...they're saying that there were other issues BUT that they have been addressed with software fixes..

They are not alone with bugs ...I see Hitec are having some problems as well, with their new Aurora radio.
Yeah, you just can't win I guess.

GaryF

Unread post by GaryF » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:10 pm

They have arrived, received it yesterday. Looks great, must check on software updates.
Gary Foster

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Great Gary, look forward to seeing the latest Spektrum..oh and in case I can't find a bind plug, throw a spare in your flight box for me.

Also I have your roll of field repair tape in my box ....Saturday might be rainy but Sunday is predicted to be fine.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 pm

How simple math (addition) can explain this problem...

New Hardware + New software (OS, drivers) + "not enough" Alpha and subsequent Beta testing = problem(s).

Anyone who goes out and buys (or pre-orders) new hardware/software, should consider themselves a "Beta Tester" for the company that manufactured the product. As a Beta Tester, you will most likely run into problems. Report them as soon and concisely as possible.

This is simply the way things are grasshoppers! ;)

Murray
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

GaryF

Unread post by GaryF » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 am

retiredVTT wrote:Great Gary, look forward to seeing the latest Spektrum..oh and in case I can't find a bind plug, throw a spare in your flight box for me.

Also I have your roll of field repair tape in my box ....Saturday might be rainy but Sunday is predicted to be fine.

Bill
Bind plugs are in the box. The binding is the easy part, I found setting up the radio for the heli was not as simple as copying the setup from the DX6i, lots of program changes. Still working on it, hopefully I'll have this radio figured out for Sunday. I may swap the receiver for the new one that came with the radio, like to install the telemetry. I did upgrade to the new firmware, pretty easy process. I do like the option of being able to save the setups to an sd card, you can always go back to a starting point.

Gary
Gary Foster