HK 500GT

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
Road507

HK 500GT

Unread post by Road507 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Rick / Jack

Just moved up to the 500 class heli!!! I orded all the parts from HK for under $250.00. I know all the servos are cheap but the way I figured it if I get this thing in the air and a servo goes it will cost me $69.00 to get a complete heli and then I will upgrade the servo's. I have been flying their ESC's and Motors with no problems so the only suspect part will be the TG servos which Rick had no luck with.

I did however order a few Align upgrades for tail rotor and Spindle bolts since I did not want the blades flying of in the air!!!! Not worried about the heli here just myself and others standing on the flight line!!! Blades never look good sticking out of a body part!!!

I should have this delivered on Monday and in the air Tuesday.

Rhoady

RocketManRC

Re: HK 500GT

Unread post by RocketManRC » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Sounds good Rhoady. My friend Martin in Adelaide has had great success with that helicopter and no problems with the MG-16 servos if that is what you ordered. He did have to change a few things for Align parts but this was almost a year ago so things have probably improved. If you run into any kinks I will send you his contact info.

Jacky was supposed to be building one of those too but he has been missing in action since July so not sure how things went.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

KrasherJack

Re: HK 500GT

Unread post by KrasherJack » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I'll be in Line for a flight test.... ;)
Zoom..Zoom