Exceptional Offer from Hobby King

Discussions related to sail plane models.
JohnOSullivan

Exceptional Offer from Hobby King

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Hobby King has a sale on the SKY 1.7m sailplane by a well established Czech company (Art Hobbies) for $99.99 US
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/sky-1-7m-ha ... 700mm.html
For further details of the manufacturer go on the Art Hobby site at http://www.arthobby.com/ and see their wide range of designs from 1.2M to 4 metre.
This is not a cheap Chinese product, but a genuine high quality Czech product from a company noted for their excellent products. From the Czech Republic this goes for $220 US and at $100 US is an absolute steal.

It has a carbon boom with a moulded glass pod. The wing has poplar sheeting over white foam core (a very traditional and light robust construction). It requires a finishing coat of polyurethane (clear Krylon spray) to finish the wing. Tail surfaces are already skinned with 1 oz glass.
As an introduction to RC sailplanes, I highly recommend this model and it can easily be converted to electric power by trimming the nose and fitting a 150 to 200 watt motor.
I am planning on getting one and if anyone else is interested we can do a combined order. If you are interested, let me know within a couple of days and I will be sending an order.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

JohnOSullivan

Re: Exceptional Offer from Hobby King

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:44 pm

I ordered this model yesterday.
I ran into a slight problem. It was not available from the Chinese site. Only place it was available was the UK site. Checked in with them and they can't ship to Canada.
Then it hit me! I'm heading to Ireland in early May. Problem solved -- I had it shipped to my sister's house in Dublin for a mere $17.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Looks like a good plane John. Seems you got the last one, they're out of stock now.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm

My SKY 1.7m Sailplane has arrived in Ireland in 4 days from HobbyKing UK.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26