Come join us for a day of Soaring in Lantz Sept 3/16

Discussions related to sail plane models.
the-mailman

Re: Come join us for a day of Soaring in Lantz Sept 3/16

Unread post by the-mailman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:03 pm

It was interesting to see the highstart way of launching. Not quite as easy as throwing it off a cliff as in the last soaring event. Always fun to watch the gliders.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

AndrewS

Re: Come join us for a day of Soaring in Lantz Sept 3/16

Unread post by AndrewS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:14 am

The flight with the Elio during which Bill took my picture was the best one of the day for that plane.
I had a good launch and that combined with the wind got all the string in the air I think. So launch height would have been around 400'+/-. Anyway, I headed toward where i had seen some thermal indicators earlier( bit of a joke as Walter and i followed some gulls last weekend at his place). I found the thermal source they had been using and up we went. I think i also got up to around the 1000' range.

That Elio is one very nice flyer. It is kind of weird to have to work that hard at getting the plane to come down. Had to do this both with the Elio on this flight and on the flight with Vic on the Radian.

We got "Chef" Bob up on the Radian as well. He seemed a bit nervous,( its the same as flying your Apprentice, Bob). We'll get you up there again.

All in all, a very good day.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250