3m t-tail sloper

Discussions related to sail plane models.
pitts

Re: 3m t-tail sloper

Post by pitts » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Where i don't live close to an area to slope i just wanted something smaller that my son could use in my back yard - i have a small runway for some of my electrics - if theres no interest thats fine - i will put it out in the shed and buy him something smaller - just thought with some of the guys that do the sloping there might have been some interest. Didn't really know what i had here.

AndrewS

Post by AndrewS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 pm

what you see in the pic is where it has been sanded ready for primer

that's what I meant Greg, bit of filler and some paint and she's good to go. If it is the break that I saw happen, it wasn't a hard fix. Everything fit together pretty well and glued up ok.
Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

pitts

Post by pitts » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Really thinking that something smaller would be better for my son so we could fly it out home. Weighed the glider. Comes in at 3 pounds with the servos in.

I would sell for 75.00 with the servos if someone is interested. I am thinking of a radian or micro radian for my son so this would be going towards it.

JohnOSullivan

Post by JohnOSullivan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:41 am

Don't give up on it. That is not a slope soarer. It is a thermal soarer suited to Hi Start launches on flat ground.
A model of that size at 3 lbs is still a very light wingloading and should quite a good beginners sailplane.
We have a Slope Fly-in on the 30th Aug at Lawrencetown. Bring it along and I'M sure we can give you some help with it.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26